First build Chopper full size frame

I built this frame last year and have dune several modification's to it already it has been a very reliable ride. so I thought it was time for a new mod a 2 stroke engine 48 cc through rock solid engines, had no problem with them ordered it using COD took longer to get the package notice from my local post office 200 meters down the road then it did to send the package interstate any way the frame is mostly home made rear triangle was stock as well as the bottom bracket the front triangle i made and was attached to the rear bottom bracket swivel since installing the engine i have had to remove the rear shock.

my only mod that i have dune to the engine at the moment is the exhaust i needed to change the angle to clear my peddles then it ran into my stand mount which is welded to the frame simpler to move the exhaust in out over and around then the part of the frame have only had few small test rides, i have painted the clutch cover, magneto cover and sprocket cover and since taking the photo the exhaust.:D

Attachments

• My Chopper 1.jpg
    My Chopper 1.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 561
  • SDC10817.JPG
    SDC10817.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 463
FINALLY a nice bike in adelaide i love it, youve inspired me now hope to see u round
PS change that ignition lead and plug theyre junk
brickworks have ngk b5hs cheap and use a car lead. i ride every day and the stock stuff stuffed up in no time.

Last edited:
Tensioners

Hey jamz, Just a thought, if you were to use spring loaded tensioners on both chains you could put the shock back in. Also, Have you given any thought to using a Huffy Jesse James or Schwinn OCC rear triangle. Both are 24" choppers and would give you a 3" wide tire (Jesse James,) or 4 1/4" wide for the OCC Schwinn. A fat rear tire on that bike would be very cool. Like I said, Just a thought.
Big Red.

blue48 cheers it has taken me just over a year to get all the kinks out of her and the addition of the motor has just hit the spot, the motor comes stoke with a ngk b5hs plug got the engine from rock solid because they clean, build and test run the motor and so i found they also leek test the fuel tank and change the nuts and bolts for hi tensile only thing that i have to change is the lead they were the same price as everyone else even with the work dune only thing was postage was a bit more but for the peace of mind that all i had to do was bolt every thing in and start it up was great.

JUST TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ROCK SOLID JUST A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

Big Red I had the same idea about tha chain tensioner for the motor side but there was no real room to set one up properly on the other side there is no problem with the chain and the shock just the motor side, sooner or later i am going to run 2 chains the first from the motor back to a set of cogs on the swivel of the 2 parts of the frame and then the second back to the rear wheel cog should work the same as the other side, just found a pic to show you what i mean and i know what you mean about the fat rear wheel i have only found one Jessie James chopper for sale around me but second hand and in **** condition for $140 and that was a bit steep for the condition of it would love to get my hands on a OCC Schwinn but never seen any for sale in Australia but i know b person hear who is original from America and I'm thinking of seeing if his brother can get his hands on one for me, my next chopper i build will be having a fat rear wheel no doute about it.

have took the bike on a few rides and just was not happy about the exhaust so i pulled it of this morning and built myself a new pipe unfortunately i finished to late to take her out so waiting till tomorrow but finished the painting of both side covers and had trouble with the chain tensioner popping up so i found an old set of training wheels from the kids bikes and used one of the parts that bolt on the bike wheel welded a washer to it drilled 2 holes to bolt it on top of the bolted up chain tensioner then the white wheel bolts to the both and hay presto that dam wheel dose not slid any more (if any one dose use this idea remember to do the top hole first so then you can get the right spot for the 2 bolt holes) just remembered painted the front mud guard to

Attachments

• peddal drive chain.JPG
    peddal drive chain.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 311
  • exhaust.JPG
    exhaust.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Chain tensioner mod.JPG
    Chain tensioner mod.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 339
  • fuel tank.JPG
    fuel tank.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 316
  • front wheel mud guard.JPG
    front wheel mud guard.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 300
hey jamz, ive got the same rse 48 and ive got the same engine but straight from china. un touched and the rock solid:poop: all over the box motor and thats with over 10,000 kms on it (no im not exaggerating) the bore is really good and free of grooves. its a bit of a messy looking engine and it really cops a work out in peak hour traffic every day(grand junction rd peak hour:sick:) and will do an honest 60kmh with out reving the **** out of it thanks to the 36 tooth sprocket rear. so they build great motors and im using the other kit as parts if needed. appart from the top end ive never had to open up the engine. but that was only to file the piston skirt on the inlet side (thanks to HEADSMESS for that tip:unsure:)

well took the bike out yesterday along the strut OGradey bike path along the northern express way the bike ran beautifully had a tail wind all the way then the head wind coming back very nice ride only thing is my arms got sun burnt like anything.
checked out the exhaust when i got home and there was no leaks in the welds so i am happy that i don't need to pull it off to weld pin holes in my welds.

Well it has been a few weeks and have finished the frame mod to a 26" rear end and have repainted everything just waiting for the paint to harden on the frame now so here are some pics of the frame and parts.

SDC10851.jpg

SDC10861.JPG

SDC10868.JPG

SDC10850.JPG

Mad lookin chopper.........Really dig the paint job on your fuel tank!!! Did ya use a stencil of the sort??
I reckon a banana seat from an old school dragster would suit your frame to a tee.....but mounted forwardish instead of over the back wheel.......

Back