First Build! Will it sell? Kent LaJolla 80cc

Hi guys! I've finally finished my first build! I'm having so much fun riding it around! Do you guys think it will sell though? Many people have been very interested by it and someone already asked how much I charge to build them. I was hoping I would be able to sell this one when I am done with it on craigslist. Any ideas on what the price should be? I also plan to add brakes on the front wheel, a headlight, a speedometer, tail light, and upgraded spark plug. Picture will be attached, tell me what you think! Thanks!
Capture.jpg

I guess 80cc's is legal there?I'd break in the motor before I sold (chain stretch, see what's gonna break first, Kents are notoriously cheap).If you do sell, unless repairs are part of the sell, make sure they know it's up to them to repair.Another thing, does it have disc brakes?I can't see the brakes.
Good luck.

I agree with GG. Sell it after breakin, where most of the adjustment and retightening is done. Figure up how much it cost you to build the bike. Then throw in a markup of 10 to 20% to arrive at your selling price. I would not sell a motorized bike without some kind of front brake.

Thanks guys! I am actually planning on breaking everything in and I am just about done with that. And I currently am being stupid and using only the coaster brakes for stopping but I will definitely sell it with another form of brakes on it. And fortunately the bike is holding up very well with minimal problems.

1st thing to change... chain tensioner... its taking load when the motor is pulling the bike so it will wear out and mostlikley spin around and let your chain fall off and sometimes lock the tyre up.
put it on the bottom pushing the chain up to take the tension so it does not have to take the load of your weight

ok thanks! I had many issues putting it there unfortunately so i decided to go to the top chain. It WAS causing me many problems, but I bolted to the frame to stabilize it and have have no problems. Let me know what you think about that. If you don't think it will work out, I'll change it. Thanks!

A bike over 50cc is considered a motorcycle in Florida.........must be 50cc or under

Back