First Ever Hawaii Motored Bikes Meet!

Heya Jin, we rode out to Kapolei today, should plan a meetup sometime! Here are a few pics today, taken at Ewa beach park.

Attachments

• ewa1.jpg
    ewa1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 212
  • ewa2.jpg
    ewa2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 254
Just found this thread. Nice pics and videos!

Jin, Hawaii Ed and I rode through Kapolei about noon today.

Heading towards your town on a tailwind, Ed was clocking 46mph(GPS) on his Happy Time.

"The Dragon Lady" was screaming behind him at 41mph.

Traveling back with a headwind, I was doing 35-36mpn and Ed trailed at 32-33mph.

What a ride! I motored in from near Pearl Harbor to meet Hawaii Ed in Ewa. Then we rode to and from Kapolei.

Ed and I are planning to circle the island soon, which should be about 112 miles, if we bypass Makaha/Waianae/Nanakuli.

That'll be EXCITING!:devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will get some girl shots soon, need to do a photoshoot with my shiftkit bike for Pablo and Ghost :) I want a good bike mount for my video camera to get some footage of 5-7 and I having fun on the Island :)

I had the pleasure of visiting Oahu 31 years ago as a teenager and got to rent a moped. I rode from waikiki to Hanauma Bay for snorkling then on to Sandy Beach for some bodysurfing. I was too young to rent a car but the ride is still in my memories. I also remember finding the road that goes inside the Diamond Head crater and riding around in there too. I'm not sure I'd want to live there all the time but boy, it's a neat place to be.

They have these cool little two wheel scooters now all the tourists are renting. I want to get one for running around! That is a nice ride, we plan on taking that same route soon, maybe next weekend. Will film it for ya, might bring back some memories!

Sandy Beach!

Hey Ed,

Let's follow Just_Gasit's route to Sandy Beach. We can start from Waipahu Zippy's again, on thru Pearl City, past Pearl Harbor on Nimitz Highway to Waikiki, then on towards Hanauma Bay and Sandy Beach.

It'll be an important tuneup run before our round-the-island trip next month.:giggle:

Take some pictures for everyone. I bet things have changed alot in 30 years. I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel, it was called "The Surf Rider" back then right next to the Royal Hawaiian. I peeked on Google Earth and see things like The International Market place are still there. You couldn't walk though there without being offered weed by someone. I was much younger, maybe I looked like a buyer. Looking Southeast, around the shore I see a TON of development, seems there was a bit of open space as you passed Diamond Head. Maybe I just remember wrong. The local girls at Sandy Beach are still vividly burned into my memorys Should be a nice ride, enjoy guys.

Back