First twenty miles 4/16/2016 the prove out.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
View attachment 71790 View attachment 71791 [/ATTACH]

I have a chain tensioner and motor mounts mounted in rubber that don't scratch the frame and never come loose and are only normally tightened.
I used an old inner tube and it works great. I just cut it into strips and wrapped it as needed. Best idea I've had! Did I mention it does not slip? I also used it on the gas tank.Because the frame is aluminum. I have a 49 cc 4 stroke
Ghost Racer 7G on a Electra Beach Cruiser Bike. I love It! Hello from California!
Nice build P/C Geek.
With my Huffy I clamped the engine mount uncushioned to the frame and put 1/2" EPDM rubber motor mounts under the engine. At some point I will have to switch to either Nitrile rubber or urethane for oil resistance. My co-worker using the inner tube padding like you has had repeated engine bolt breakage. Even with grade 8's

Wow, I am surprised as mine have not come loose or broken in 500 miles. I hated the thought of ruining the aluminum frame with a metal to metal clamp so that's the reason I used the tube rubber. Again, I had no need to tighten excessively or had any breakage. But I don't go offroad or jump curbs and pedal to start. I've found that keeping the bronze clutch bearing oiled will prevent clutch chugging and vibration when taking off.I have a good feel for mechanical distress and adjust the throttle as needed. I am having trouble fouling the spark plug. It runs very cold blooded in cooler weather.I will try removing some shrouding around the cylinder as it runs well when the engine/weather warms up. I wish you all good luck.

Back