flushing a new engine

Soulfly

Local time
2:34 AM
Hey guys noob here. I e tried to do a search on it and come up with nothing. So hopefully my bike and engine will be here Monday I'm have many questions once I dig into it but for now do any of you guys flush a new engines because from what I've seen they got metal shaving from the production process if so how? At this time I don't have the skill to completely tear down the engine. Thanks.

Hey guys noob here. I e tried to do a search on it and come up with nothing. So hopefully my bike and engine will be here Monday I'm have many questions once I dig into it but for now do any of you guys flush a new engines because from what I've seen they got metal shaving from the production process if so how? At this time I don't have the skill to completely tear down the engine. Thanks.
Some guys pull off the top end and flush out the bottom end w gas (gas right??)

I never have, but then again I've used mostly ZEDA 80's. I haven't had a problem.

By the way, pulling off the jug and errythang is a piece of cake. There's just a couple things you gotta know before re-assembling.

I'm more than willing to learn. It's funny I'm 54 years old and haven't been interested and alway had the money if I had a vehicle break down I'd just put it in the shop but now I'm very much excited to start working on my bike maybe you can teach a old dog new triks.

do any of you guys flush a new engines because from what I've seen they got metal shaving from the production process if so how?
With the cylinder off the bottom part of the motor, (many kits come that way now where you have to assemble the piston assembly and cylinder yourself), you only have to make sure to flip the bottom end upside down and shake out any possible metal fillings still in it.

Then pour a little gas/oil mix into that bottom end and swirl it around a bit and pour it out just to make sure there is no more filings in it,
Check for any inside the cylinder, casting flashings that need to be filed off and smoothed out so it does not catch the rings.

From there, just take some 2 cycle oil and rub it around inside the cylinder and on the piston rings and put things together.

Assembly video URL below applies to almost all 2 stroke motors for these bikes.

And cylinder assembly manual as well as a complete engine to bike assembly manual in PDF format that also applies to pretty much all of these 2 stroke motors...Be aware that clicking on the PDF activates an automatic download of these files to your computer to wherever your files get saved to.

Attachments

• Zeda-Cylinder-Assembly-Instructions.pdf
    380.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Zeda-FIrestorm-80-100.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 73
I'm more than willing to learn. It's funny I'm 54 years old and haven't been interested and alway had the money if I had a vehicle break down I'd just put it in the shop but now I'm very much excited to start working on my bike maybe you can teach a old dog new triks.
Just be aware that if you bought a completely assembled new bike, that if you take the head and cylinder off, one or more of the studs might be bent. This can cause the nuts to be stuck on and turn the whole stud out. If it comes with acorn nuts holding the head down, take one to your local hardware store and buy 4 regular nuts to replace them with.

Back