hoping to avoid disaster

Soulfly

Local time
4:22 AM
Hey guys any advise,suggestions,and comments. Hopefully Monday Ill get my phantom 85 bottomend to go with the cylinder and Im pretty excited about it. As alot of you know the cylinder and piston got messed up the last time I was looking at them this evening and it very much looks like one or both of the rings snaged a port and I was wondering if when it reved real high as I was trying it get the idle screw twisted down the get the idle down if that caused it or would have it just ended up doing it on its own. It went in to that ride knowing one of my head bolts wasnt torqued down properly it was stripped. Anyway Ive got a knew phantom 85 cyilinder a hyway ms460 piston and a new phantom 85 bottom coming in. I really dont want disaster to hit again is there any steps I could take preimtavly to avoid problems what Ive do so far to the cylinder is Ive tried to file down the sharp edges on the exaust and intake ports and polished the inside of the exaust port. I really do want it to run and what riding Ive done I have very much enjoyed but waiting on parts not geting to ride on nice days sux and Ive spent a fortune on this so Ive drwn the line if this dosent go well Im done with all of it so any advise anything Id really appreciate.

I want to give you kudos Soulfly. You're not a one and done person, you're really trying to get it right. If you need any help try to be specific with your ?'s and include pics, it helps. There's 100's of years of experience here to guide you. I wish you success!

I want to give you kudos Soulfly. You're not a one and done person, you're really trying to get it right. If you need any help try to be specific with your ?'s and include pics, it helps. There's 100's of years of experience here to guide you. I wish you success!
Man I really apprieciate that. Once I get locked in on something it hard for me to let go. Im hoping my persistence pays off.

Persistence will pay off.

Just be sure that everything is correct BEFORE you attempt to run an engine.
If you know there’s an issue OR unsure of it being right do not just run it to “see” how it does.

Do everything in your power to be sure you’re correct.

Knowing there’s an issue(s) and just doing a test to see if maybe it performs like it should is a recipe for disaster.

I know this from hard headed experience. I’ve torn up some stuff along my journey to success.

Persistence will pay off.

Just be sure that everything is correct BEOFE you attempt to run an engine.
If you know there’s an issue OR unsure of it being right do not just run it to “see” how it does.

Do everything in your power to be sure you’re correct.

Knowing there’s an issue(s) and just doing a test to see if maybe it performs like it should is a recipe for disaster.

I know this from hard headed experience. I’ve torn up some stuff along my journey to success.
Thank man. I really have paid a fortune in stupid tax just"seeing how it does". I can put blame where I think it goes,but the un torqued head bolt I own that stupid nonsense lol.

Well my phantom 85 bottom end showed up early. I just finished putting it together. I put one base gasket on it and if I checked the squish correctly I measured it at 0.8 is that acceptable?

Well my phantom 85 bottom end showed up early. I just finished putting it together. I put one base gasket on it and if I checked the squish correctly I measured it at 0.8 is that acceptable?
.8mm is a great squish. It's not too tight, and it's not too wide. Good job!

Maybe you can work on getting your cranks swapped around so you have a spare bottom end, or maybe even another engine if you decide to order another jug!

Maybe you can work on getting your cranks swapped around so you have a spare bottom end, or maybe even another engine if you decide to order another jug!
Maybe,Ill think about that in a few minutes. Im fixing to go to the store Ive put 6.4 oz. valvoline all purpous 2 stroke oil in my gallon tank so I can add a gallon of ethanol free gas. Wish me luck guys.

Back