FYI for people wanting to do the ld100 conversion for yd100

Yeah, ported to what it is originally configured to fit, once you do something else with it, all bets are off...lol.
I just had a crazy thought( it was probably obvious to you guys now but I don’t know much about 2 strokes lol). But considering that my piston was over shooting the exhaust by a good bit, it was causing my engine to run leaner since under burned fuel was escaping through there and going into my exhaust, which would explain the black liquid that has constantly come out of my pipe. That makes sense right?

I just had a crazy thought( it was probably obvious to you guys now but I don’t know much about 2 strokes lol). But considering that my piston was over shooting the exhaust by a good bit, it was causing my engine to run leaner since under burned fuel was escaping through there and going into my exhaust, which would explain the black liquid that has constantly come out of my pipe. That makes sense right?
A lot of that is normal during breakin period as you are running a heavier mix of oil and gas, when breakin is over you then go to a 32:1 ratio on most of the regular China Girl motors which will then dissipate that excess oil drippage somewhat if not outright just stop that from happening.

Just wanted to post this real quick but for anyone wondering what a good fix is. Just buy a piece of copper or whatever, trace a base gasket onto it and cut it out like that. I recommend 1mm thickness. Currently running this and 2 base gaskets (gasket, spacer, gasket) and the bikes running better than it ever has, just have to tune it now.

Attachments

• IMG_5173.jpg
    IMG_5173.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 23
Just wanted to post this real quick but for anyone wondering what a good fix is. Just buy a piece of copper or whatever, trace a base gasket onto it and cut it out like that. I recommend 1mm thickness. Currently running this and 2 base gaskets (gasket, spacer, gasket) and the bikes running better than it ever has, just have to tune it now.
If you trace your gasket on a piece of bendy board (aka door panel) and then sandwich your copper piece in between two pieces of board, all your cuts and holes will be smooth.

If you trace your gasket on a piece of bendy board (aka door panel) and then sandwich your copper piece in between two pieces of board, all your cuts and holes will be smooth.
When I was done cutting it out mine seemed to be quiet smooth. I also took a sanding wheel to the edges to remove any sharp bits or anything that might fall in. Can't wait for tomorrow to tune the bike and finally be done. It's the last thing I have to do.

Back