Great news!

I worked full time and restored a car in my spare time, only had maybe an hour to dedicate to it some of the time. But, three years later I had it all done.
That must have been your Spitfire...lol...Lucas electrical, Smith gauges and twin SU's...lol...Three years sounds just about right...lol.

My only suggestion using the Avenger on that bike beyond what has already been mentioned is to not use the rag joint on the rear wheel and use a sprocket solution that bolts to the wheel if at all possible. You will also want to pay close attention to the spokes. If the Avenger is as powerful as they claim it to be, it will be hard on those rear spokes. My Phantom abused the heck out of my thin spoked rear wheel and I upgraded wheels within a few months because of it.

My only suggestion using the Avenger on that bike beyond what has already been mentioned is to not use the rag joint on the rear wheel and use a sprocket solution that bolts to the wheel if at all possible. You will also want to pay close attention to the spokes. If the Avenger is as powerful as they claim it to be, it will be hard on those rear spokes. My Phantom abused the heck out of my thin spoked rear wheel and I upgraded wheels within a few months because of it.
I will be running a sprocket adapter for temporary with my Phantom.

A 36t sprocket will take some of the bite out of the Phantom, I haven't had much luck with the cheap sprocket adapters. I damaged a couple good wheels with them.

A 36t sprocket will take some of the bite out of the Phantom
I use the 36 tooth sprocket myself and it turns the Phantom into a more civilised machine, still very powerful and quick, but "civilised" as making it become a comfortable cruising style of riding but with plenty of power to get out of its own way when necessary to do so.

A 36t sprocket will take some of the bite out of the Phantom, I haven't had much luck with the cheap sprocket adapters. I damaged a couple good wheels with them.
Ive got a good BBR one that I'm gonna turn the ID to the correct size. I will then use some 638 loctite and pin it to the hub with roll pins.

I run a 38 tooth on my 700x42 wheel/tire combo, which is like a 34 tooth sprocket on a 26" wheel and it pulls me along just fine. As Damien said, it makes it a more useable and tame machine. Would I rather run a 40 or 44 tooth on my bike? Yes, but compromises had to be made. It's not weak by any measure and still pulls stronger than a typical 66cc with a 44 tooth on a 26 inch wheel while also sitting in a perfect RPM range for cruising around at speeds appropriate for a MB (around 30-35mph). Yes, it can go faster, but I don't really care about fast. Benig at half-ish throttle at 35mph turning 6000ish rpm helps keep the engine running cooler and returns some incredible fuel economy (over 100mpg). Probably the best fuel economy I have ever experienced on a MB, ever.

If you use the Phantom's saw based cylinder design for it's real strength - the delivery of strong torque in the lower and middle RPM range - it delivers awesome performance. Saw's pull hard under high load for a reason.

I run a 38 tooth on my 700x42 wheel/tire combo, which is like a 34 tooth sprocket on a 26" wheel and it pulls me along just fine. As Damien said, it makes it a more useable and tame machine. Would I rather run a 40 or 44 tooth on my bike? Yes, but compromises had to be made. It's not weak by any measure and still pulls stronger than a typical 66cc with a 44 tooth on a 26 inch wheel while also sitting in a perfect RPM range for cruising around at speeds appropriate for a MB (around 30-35mph). Yes, it can go faster, but I don't really care about fast. Benig at half-ish throttle at 35mph turning 6000ish rpm helps keep the engine running cooler and returns some incredible fuel economy (over 100mpg). Probably the best fuel economy I have ever experienced on a MB, ever.

If you use the Phantom's saw based cylinder design for it's real strength - the delivery of strong torque in the lower and middle RPM range - it delivers awesome performance. Saw's pull hard under high load for a reason.
I plan to use a 40t on 26 wheels. I think that will pull nice and maybe even pop wheelies lol. I plan to paint the bike a patina just to be safe. I don't want to value the paint on my bike more than the skin on my bones lol.

Back