Green Hornet

Took the Green Hornet out for a ride today. Had to get it out from under some junk that got piled on top of it. I was working on this one a few months ago when I was convalescing. I never got a chance to ride it, I started working on the Engine Turned bike, and left this one in the garage to collect dust. I forgot how good it runs, this is the one I made the 39 tooth sprocket for, I just put the springer on and the new seat and put it away. I want to get an expansion chamber next. I had to go in to work also, they are having a motorcycle show here in Long Beach, I rode the happy time bike over to the motorcycle lot, and pedaled it around, they wont let you ride a motorcycle in there, I got some looks because I was pedaling. LOL.
PS: I shut the engine off and rode on the sidewalks that way I could avoid the lines. Snicker snicker.

Attachments

• PICT0091.JPG
    PICT0091.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 3,424
Thanks, I think I am going to take it back over to the hill and get a better run at it. The last time I was thinking it would just run up the hill. I have a 39 tooth sprocket, so it will move good. It will move off of a stand still with-ought any assist. I was thinking abut the fellas that are using the 36, and I was thinking about one also, but it would limit the hills pretty good. I would like to go on one of the Spooky Tooth runs, and the last one was up the hill. Have fun Dave

Part of the bevy of bikes in the garage. Have fun Dave
PS: I built this a few years ago, has a 45cc engine.

Attachments

• PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 319
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 301
I took the Hornet out and rode it to work the other day. The engine sounds like it is Pinging! I need to pull the top end and see what it looks like. I think it could be a bunch of carbon built up on the top of the piston. If not then it would be the wrist pin, this engine is one of the early Dax engines, it runs great but for the noise. It acts like it gets worse as the engine warms up. Ill keep you posted. Have fun, Dave

Took the top end off and sure enough the thing was carbon'd up. Cleaned it up and took it out for a ride. For some reason I am not that fond of this bike, I keep thinking I will take it apart and get rid of the bike and put the engine in something else. But then I take it out for a ride, and I banish the idea. It needs something in the way of paint. I was thinking that if I painted the tank and head of the frame a cream color that might make it look nicer! The bike is defiantly too short but I can't figure out what I could do to stretch the wheelbase. Had a guy named Dave stop me today and had to know what this was, I need to get some cards made with the web site on them it would sure save some time. We did have a good time though. Have fun, Dave

I emailed them a few times about that bike but never got a response. It does seem like a good bicycle for a simple and safe build.

Nice bike, good to see other So Cali motorbikes, I think ours might be one of the most dangerous city's to MB. Gangs, bad drivers, cops, and green peace.

I like the wheels on this one, and the drive and brake come installed. The front forks are cool, but I think the fork angle is wrong. I wonder how big the tank is in terms of volume, and the sticker needs to go. I think the price is a bit high, I think is should be near three hundred. Don Grubee has put the most attention into this hobby. I like the new belt drive he came out with also it's called 4G. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• Grubee GT2.JPG
    Grubee GT2.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't take the color of this bike any more. I have been looking at this green for so long, I need to do something with it. This bike is fast. I don't like the bars and the frame is too short and causes it to be shaky. I am thinking of painting it or taking the engine out and sending it on its way. Ill keep you posted. Have fun, Dave

new mb in long beach

i live in long beach,ca and im looking for other mb to ride with. if u
know anywhere i can go to ride with other people let me know.

love the pic's of your bike on signal hill lets ride sometime.? i live very close and my work schedule is open. i'll even buy lunch or dinner.

Back