GT2A--> 2nd build and going all out!

Hi All,

Well after a few months of planning (and saving), I decided to test my newly developed mechanical skills on a 2-stroke this time as my first build was a 4-stroke that I thought came out pretty nice. I was actually thinking about building a trike but decided against that mainly because it's so much easier to ride something with 2 wheels and you can basically take your bike anywhere.

Anyhow, below I have a sneak peak of what's to come. I actually started the build today with the parts that already came in but I am still waiting on quite a few, which will hopefully all be here by weeks end. I went with the gt2a frame as well as the new wheelset Kings is offering. I have double springer monarch fork coming along with avid disc brakes and a pretty cool looking handlebar.... I also have a bbr boost bottle coming, Kip springer tensioner, and yes I am putting the nitrous on. Please let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas...

Thanks!

C

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 525
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 397
Wow.I know it's been a few months but I too am building a GT2A with Luya mags and a 2 stroke also. How are the builds coming along. Looks like we started around the same time. Mine's just about done. I've been taking my time on this one. This is my second build as well. I got my frame and forks off Craig's list for $120 The forks are Marzocchi Dirt jumper 2's which I painted to match the bike. I went with the Avid Elixer 7 hydrolic disc break up front with a 180mm disc. I still need to bleed them. I found a set of mongoose 3 piece cranks for cheap at Custom Motorized Bikes. Porkchop BMX hooked me up with a some Bear Trap pedals, chain ring and a gold half link chain for easier adjustment. What tires are you running? I'm rocking the Maxxis Hookworms. I had to offset the engine a bit to run the bigger tires but that's done. What engine mods did you decide on? That 4 stroke Mike built looks sick. I'm gonna try to drop some pics on here of both of my builds real soon. Brian

How's it going? My builds coming along well so far. I got it together as a bike right now but still waiting on my top hat ( different story/rant) I broke my back a year aho and just got clearance from dr. To start excersising, riding bike so I'm really enjoying as bike right now. Plus I live on South Beach so riding the boardwalk and ocean drive are real nice rides. My wife is amazed at the looks and comments I get from it and once my engine is in it will be sick. I still need to paint my cases, port my piston and maybe a few little things and then she's ready. Like I said no rush at this point. I'm still waiting on my Jaguar CDI as well. Ordered a while ago. Hopefully soon. I'll post some pucks as a bike.

Back