Has never started

roadbike

Local time
6:39 AM
CA7C8D6E-4C92-4C55-BE68-0255ACA9C684.jpeg
0A5C097F-2622-4CBE-AC40-A912E4A15664.jpeg

Got this “100cc” engine kit on Amazon. Completed build and couldn’t get it to start. Carb that came with the kit was damaged when I got it so I installed the one shown above with auto choke. That did not fix the problem. Looking for any advice on what to try. I am new to motors and new to this forum. Here’s what I’ve done so far: Ensure fuel ratio 16:1, check for good spark, check throttle working, messed with idle adjuster, gapped magneto loop, checked direction of magnet, tried riding at various speeds and combinations of choke / throttle. When I try to start it I don’t even hear a single pop. Don’t have the air filter on. Any ideas what I could be missing?

View attachment 207150View attachment 207152
Got this “100cc” engine kit on Amazon. Completed build and couldn’t get it to start. Carb that came with the kit was damaged when I got it so I installed the one shown above with auto choke. That did not fix the problem. Looking for any advice on what to try. I am new to motors and new to this forum. Here’s what I’ve done so far: Ensure fuel ratio 16:1, check for good spark, check throttle working, messed with idle adjuster, gapped magneto loop, checked direction of magnet, tried riding at various speeds and combinations of choke / throttle. When I try to start it I don’t even hear a single pop. Don’t have the air filter on. Any ideas what I could be missing?
How old is your fuel mix? is your plug getting wet with start attempts?

Not familiar with that carb, but I do not trust automatic anything.

First few things I would check.

#1- put brand new fuel in (20:1), drain the bowl of old fuel.
#2- check for even gap at magneto
#3- check to see if your magneto wheel is keyed and tight.

When you pull the plug is it wet with fuel? I would also get an NGK plug, loose the Chinese one that came with the engine. If you have fuel. spark and compression something should be happening.

What was wrong with the kit carb? If it is usable I would use it over that other carb and if it's not usable then get a bofeng on Amazon. Definitely get rid of the junk Chinese plug. Most people on the forum use an ngk br6hs plug

Are all your nuts and bolts tight? Is your head torqued down properly? Sparkplug tight? Do you have good compression?

Back