Have people stopped using the Robin Subaru EHO35 since the price shot up?

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by up247, Sep 6, 2014.

1. up247

up247 New Member

After a brief search, I read that the disaster in Japan affected the Robin's availability. So are people just using Honda's and Huasheng's now? Are there replacement parts for the Robins out there?

2. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

What disaster?

3. troyg

troyg Member

I know I'm using my two, but as far as buying them yeah it's gone nuts.It went from $300 to $500 after Fukushima, then special order only.
    Scour the web for parts, who knows, but your best bet are used ones that pop occasionally on ebay, they are powerful, light, and long lasting little engines.

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

and make sure you run a Geiger counter over whatever you get from Japan. Don't for one second think that the Fukushima disaster is over. Every part of Japan is now contaminated (to a greater or lesser degree) and the entire pacific ocean will be a dead zone in 5 years time.

Japan is selling contaminated produce to Thailand, which is then mixed with local produce and shipped to America and New Zealand, thereby avoiding stringent testing.
    If you happen to be the unlucky sod that eats something loaded with hot produce, the outcome isn't going to be good.

I would be very reluctant to buy anything that's made in Japan or that uses parts sourced from Japan, unless first running a Geiger counter over those items.

5. up247

up247 New Member

I forgot all about the long term effects on their products, if any

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

R/S is a great lil motor but not worth 2 Honda gx 35s. If you get the best deal on a Honda $239 I think 2 are actually cheaper then 1 soobie. $529 is a lot of money for a mab motor when you have other choices. I'd even buy a H/S 38cc $119 from gasbike b4 paying that for a soobie.

7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd eat or drink any of it but metals aren't too good at holding onto radiation for a long time

8. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

meaning theyre spitting out invisible radiation...

meh. probably more radiation from these china motors considering thats how they tend to get rid of nuclear waste these days... mix it in with castings at the foundry.

yay! go nuclear energy! cheap AND clean! as long as you dont mind a few tumours and some leukemia here or there... cheap because they build em on faultlines...clean because they dont emit soot or unburnt hydrocarbons...what a hoax!

9. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the crap that comes out of a 2 stroke exhaust would give you cancer way quicker than a little bit of radiation in the casting personally

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Can't fault that logic.

11. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Don't worry about it and just get a Honda.

12. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

I've got a Honda GX35 and a Subaru EHO35. There is a difference and I'm glad I've got the Subaru. The Honda GX35 clone that Hausheung makes is an afforadable option.