Headset wobbly?

Brainfart! I've only had 1 bike with a headset like that, w/o a nut. The handlebar clamp must be seated all the way down or spacers are needed to keep the head tube nice and tight. The way it is in the pics if you lift up the front end the tube will just slide up and down. Also that last ring before the dust cover has a lip on it. Does that lip need to face the bearing in order to help seat it? It is pointing up in the pics, not towards the bearing.

61EKbb7BWUS._AC_SL1372_.jpg

Brainfart! I've only had 1 bike with a headset like that, w/o a nut. The handlebar clamp must be seated all the way down or spacers are needed to keep the head tube nice and tight. The way it is in the pics if you lift up the front end the tube will just slide up and down. Also that last ring before the dust cover has a lip on it. Does that lip need to face the bearing in order to help seat it? It is pointing up in the pics, not towards the bearing.

61EKbb7BWUS._AC_SL1372_.jpg
After coffee I noticed the spacers missing too. I also like to use a second flower nut inside of the fork tube as well. That really helps if you're adding extensions to raise the handlebar height.

1687875270414.png

View attachment 194378
Something is off center on that top race/bearing. Is the bottom race seated into the neck properly? It's very difficult to diagnose with those pics. Once the fork tube is inserted into the neck with the bearings and races installed is there any side to side play at all, on top and bottom? W/O the nut screwed on?
Yes on the top and i followed the instructions at least i thought i did

Gonna try this one more time! Thanks again but i had nobody showing me any mechanical things growing up and only thing i did before these bikes was change oil iam getting better it just takes me forever to get things right

Attachments

• 20230627_153034.jpg
    20230627_153034.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 60
Something is off center on that top race/bearing. Is the bottom race seated into the neck properly? It's very difficult to diagnose with those pics. Once the fork tube is inserted into the neck with the bearings and races installed is there any side to side play at all, on top and bottom? W/O the nut screwed on?
Yes there is play i took everything out once again made sure i had everything in the vidooe i did install them just like the dude from motorlife that sold me the death trap and still alot of play

Back