Hello from San Diego with a few ebikes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by billvon, Sep 16, 2007.

1. billvon

billvon Guest

Hello all. I'm from San Diego, and have been working on electric bikes for fun for a few years now. My history in ebikes:

-A 12 volt Zap system on a Greenspeed trike; big lead acid battery, two brushed motors

-A 24 volt Currie ProDrive conversion on a trailer (so I could leave the bike unmodified)

-A Wavecrest M-750X nimh based bike. This has since had a li-ion battery added to it.

-A homebrew bike, with Townie 8 frame (long wheelbase) Crystalyte X-5304 rear hub motor, Xlyte controller and a 38.4 amp hour 36 volt li-ion battery up front. (Switchable to a 72 volt system when the need for speed strikes me.)

Pictures of the last two are in the pictures forum. Future improvements include a better power regulator for the li-ion batteries and a PPT solar charger for the 36 volt system.

2. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Well welcome to the group and you have probably went down Electric Avenue. From the Grand side of Texas
  3. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i always love seeing new e-riders...it seems like a hard crowd to draw because y'all have a few nice, active places going already. but, motoredbiking folks is a "one for all and all for one" class of folks, imo...i'm so hoping to see a litle bit of everything at the first annual MBc rally. i wish i could participate in the "electric avenue" topics here, but i'd simply be wasting keystrokes...not an e-rider yet, but someday i'll experience 20+mph of silent speed :)

welcome to the MBc :cool: