Hello, new here and looking for any and all help.

I'll have to get pictures tomorrow, but as of right now the " complete " bike does seem to have everything I need.
The other one that wasn't built not so much I don't think.
I decided to leave the un-built bike in the shed ( just the bike itself ), and all parts, engine kit...ect will go to making one good motorized bicycle.

There was no fuel filter to be found, but I was able to walk down the street and pick one up for $2 at a cheap tool store that will carry any random overstocked items they can get.

Im told he ordered the kit he never built, but unless he poorly rattle canned the motor black I have to conflcon that it was bought used.

The " compelete " bike was obviously built using your typical $60-$100 CHINA kit and was used quite a bit so it's a crap shoot as to whether or not I can get it working.
I'm thankful I found this place because I've got my work cut out for me and am going to need all the help I can get.

I'm finding now that throttle bodies are replacing carbs on cars that a lot of filters for cars are made to work on 75lb fuel rails, so don't flow well in gravity feed situations. Be sure you can just pour thru it before putting it on - I get a lot of no-start bikes because the guy replaced the filter and now has a dry carb.

I'm finding now that throttle bodies are replacing carbs on cars that a lot of filters for cars are made to work on 75lb fuel rails, so don't flow well in gravity feed situations. Be sure you can just pour thru it before putting it on - I get a lot of no-start bikes because the guy replaced the filter and now has a dry carb.

It's a small engine fuel filter, but I'll definitely check it.

From what I can see atm if I can get the back wheel sorted out all it'll need is a fuel line ( if the filter I bought will work )
I think I'll also have to swap the exhaust pipe out for the other one.

I'm getting the real wheel sorted out, but I'm pretty po'd right now.
I see nothing wrong with the axle...ect so I call my brother and ask why he took it apart and he tells me " the axle looked bent ".:mad:
Yep that's right a bunch of extra work / hassle when I probably couldvco been tinkering with having it running properly right now.:(

Is the wheel true? Is the rear sprocket true? You are done with the rear wheel.
I didn't put the tire and tube on it yet or make a bracket for the break arm, but it is done.
It appears to be true...ect but I'll have to really check it.

I believe this was an older kit since the throttle doesn't have a kill switch.

I know pictures suck, I'll take some better ones.

I've still gotta put the exaust pipe back on, but I'll wait till I've got the tire / tube back on the back and when I've got a fuel line so I can think about trying to start it up.
I've also got to cut a notch in the top right support tube for the fuel line...ect to fit.
This wasn't the perfect bike to put the kit on so the one who built it just cocked the tank to the left which I just won't have.

It looks pretty stock. You need a fuel line and a fuel filter. Also, you should replace that spark plug boot on your CDI with an automotive quality one from the auto parts store (about $5) and get a new spark plug, but I would see if I can get it started first. Put as fat a tire on the back wheel as possible without the chain rubbing, that looks like a nice fat rim! You can easily rig up a kill switch or just get a cheap throttle assembly with a kill switch like this one--> https://www.ebay.com/itm/66cc-Motor...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

But like I said, see if it will start first.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It looks pretty stock. You need a fuel line and a fuel filter. Also, you should replace that spark plug boot on your CDI with an automotive quality one from the auto parts store (about $5) and get a new spark plug, but I would see if I can get it started first. Put as fat a tire on the back wheel as possible without the chain rubbing, that looks like a nice fat rim! You can easily rig up a kill switch or just get a cheap throttle assembly with a kill switch like this one--> https://www.ebay.com/itm/66cc-Motor-GAS-ENGINE-parts-throttle-w-kill-switch-N/190948791142?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
But like I said, see if it will start first.

As far as I know it ran a few months ago when he bought it, but anything is possible with my brother so of course I don't actually know if it runs.

Btw I bought a $2 " small engine fuel filter " yesterday but I'll have to test if fuel flows properly through it.

Lastly of course I'll need to know what goes in the tank, they take a some mixture of gas and 2 stroke oil right ?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back