Chains Help! Chain hits fender & tire

the taillight is just a reflector that came with the bike I have a mini strobe under the seat all the lights and mirrors are from some bicycle parts seller off the internet your front mount is similar to mine except I didn't shift mine as far my rear mount was purchased I lived in ohio on lake erie so I remember cold been in FL 32 years

offset mounting pictures

This was my mounting set up. Rear offset mount purchased from Ampt Motor Mounts.Front mount used T shaped alum stock drilled offset holes. Rear sprocket set up was purchased from Creative Eng which kicked chain out. Tensioner also keeps chain away from tire. Purchased this little plastic guide from bike shop. It keeps chain on line into gear? box.

Attachments

• bobsbike12412 001.jpg
    bobsbike12412 001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 300
  • bobsbike12412 002.jpg
    bobsbike12412 002.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 308
  • bobsbike12412 003.jpg
    bobsbike12412 003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 271
  • bobsbike12412 007.jpg
    bobsbike12412 007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 260
Will switching the engine mounts change anything?

Depends on what mount you use. I've used "store bought" mounts and made my own at times. But to answer your question, Yes, a different mount could change everything, to the bad or to the good. Before they came up with the bolt on mount for the OCC's I was welding in my own cross brace as I'm sure a lot of guy's were doing. Moto is right in theory, the chain alighnment should be PERFECT. But in practice it can be off VERY, VERY LITTLE and still ride the sprocket. (ya notice I said VERY, VERY LITTLE.) Perhaps a thin washers worth. Sometimes this is just enough to keep the chain off your tire. Of course perfect is recomended, but if I were going for perfect I wouldn't use some cheap thing that came out of China.
I was just looking at yer bike in the gallery. Is that a 24" bike or are you just a BIG DUDE. The bike is great by the way. Nice job.
Big Red.

Last edited:
reply-chain hits fender,,

Depends on what mount you use. I've used "store bought" mounts and made my own at times. But to answer your question, Yes, a different mount could change everything, to the bad or to the good. Before they came up with the bolt on mount for the OCC's I was welding in my own cross brace as I'm sure a lot of guy's were doing. Moto is right in theory, the chain alighnment should be PERFECT. But in practice it can be off VERY, VERY LITTLE and still ride the sprocket. (ya notice I said VERY, VERY LITTLE.) Perhaps a thin washers worth. Sometimes this is just enough to keep the chain off your tire. Of course perfect is recomended, but if I were going for perfect I wouldn't use some cheap thing that came out of China.
I was just looking at yer bike in the gallery. Is that a 24" bike or are you just a BIG DUDE. The bike is great by the way. Nice job.
Big Red.

I am a big dude with short legs,,wanted to be able to touch ground when i stop so kept it low to ground,,bike pictures are in gallery,,user name for search is "bob haynes",,,bike is macargi 26",,,offsets was because of fat tires,,,that black thing in the pictures that looks like a parrots beak gives me the very,very little that i needed

Back