Help Me Identify

FrizzleFried

Local time
2:12 PM
Being the newb I am... I've not come across nearly the motors you guys have.

My brother has a couple of motors... he'd been running this one but recently swapped over to his other. He feels this one has more power.

But what exactly is it? At first I thought it might be a YD100 because of the single piece head... but naw... it's all wrong.

Stats: Small mount (obviously tweaked) ... s**tty hardware ... likely an ebay/amazon special

But what do I know.

WHATISIT1.jpg

Looks familiar? It’s an NR80. I bought mine exactly 1 year ago on Ebay. My first engine. It has performed beyond my expectations. It has 625 miles on it and the only reason it’s on the bench is because I built another engine.
It’s still ready to go…strong engine.
MB.com member Cannonball3 identified mine for me when I asked questions months ago. I am still on a steep learning curve with motorized bikes too.
The only EBay vendor that I know of selling these engines is vendor city-green.

Attachments

• 9BA373AB-D0AE-41C5-9677-519EA829DA03.jpeg
    9BA373AB-D0AE-41C5-9677-519EA829DA03.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 81
Looks familiar? It’s an NR80. I bought mine exactly 1 year ago on Ebay. My first engine. It has performed beyond my expectations. It has 625 miles on it and the only reason it’s on the bench is because I built another engine.
It’s still ready to go…strong engine.
MB.com member Cannonball3 identified mine for me when I asked questions months ago. I am still on a steep learning curve with motorized bikes too.
The only EBay vendor that I know of selling these engines is vendor city-green.
One of the older members used one of those on a cruiser. He wasn't too hot on the one piece jug/head design at first, I said give it time. Sure enough it became a real performer.

I had no idea what I was buying when I bought it. I thought all the engines were exactly the same on eBay and just priced differently. I couldn’t have been more wrong.
It turned out to be a perfect starter engine. It’s a strong engine… and no worries about head gaskets, decking cylinder/head, squish….
A few things less to worry about when you first getting rolling.

Popular engine. This vendor sold over 10,000 of them.

Attachments

• 70D40C6C-1FC4-4A41-9C26-BCA53F9D369C.png
    70D40C6C-1FC4-4A41-9C26-BCA53F9D369C.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 69
Back