The Good Bike Deal Thread.

ImpulseRocket

Staff member
Local time
4:04 AM
I've been scouring the internet looking at different ebikes for my girlfriend now, and in the process I stumbled across some pretty darn good deals on fairly decent bikes. I thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for sales or other good value bikes that you may come across. Example would be the $98 Kent Bayside 7 speed cruisers from Walmart, which is kind of what made me think to do this. Or just bikes that punch above their weight in terms of features for the price.

The main idea of this thread is either that of Bikes that are just good value as they are, or bikes that have a heavy discount, since a "good deal" can very very relative. Saving $500 on a 1500 bike is a great deal, even though a bike with similar specs to that bike may also be a good value for money by being less than the first bike is after the discount (IE, $900 MSRP)

My ONLY restriction for posting here will be to please don't post every single cheap bike you see. I would like to stick to bikes that, overall, have positive reviews. They don't have to be perfect, but they should be at least decently built.

I will start with 3 bikes that kind of caught my eye that also seemed to have decent reviews online.

1. Ancheer 500W 26" Mountain bike with a 10.4ah battery for 300 bucks. Sure, the battery is on the smaller side, but being a 48V system it still has 50-60 miles of range with pedal assist. Plus, it's 300 dollars. That's the cost of a normal cheap MTB in most stores. There are some quirks with it, but overall most reviews on it are very good.

2. This is two different 750W Oraimo bikes with similar wheel, tire, and motor sizes, but different frame styles. They both cost around $800.
This folding 20" fat tire ebike with a single 12ah battery OR This step-thru tube frame bike with a dual 10.4ah battery setup called the TRCKER

Both of these also seem to have decent reviews overall.

The second bike and this next bike are strong contenders for the bike I am considering for her.

3. The Addmotor E-43. A 500W 48V bike with a 20AH motor. This is a nice bike, and it uses good ol' 26" wheels with a partial step-thru frame. Some might consider it more of a "girls" bike, but it's just a bike. There is a $400 discount that gets applied at checkout making it $999 when purchased through Amazon.

I sent her the links to those last 2. I Know she will want the purple of the third one, but I think she will fit and like the TRCKER from Oraimo more for the price, plus I think it will be more comfortable for her (and she likes a good deal like me). The only thing I don't like about the Oraimo bikes is they are single speed. Not a big deal if you don't ever plan to pedal it normally and live somewhere flat. The Addmotor is likely going to be her choice. Admittedly, I am still looking around for good deals/bragains, so who knows.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It really is incredible how many cheaper ebikes are out there. The hard part isn't finding one, but sorting out which ones are actually decent vs. straight up Chinesium grade money grabs.

It really is incredible how many cheaper ebikes are out there. The hard part isn't finding one, but sorting out which ones are actually decent vs. straight up Chinesium grade money grabs.
Everyone and their brother is riding E-bikes near me, I almost see no pedal bikes, even the crackheads have them!

Market saturation is good since it drives prices down, but as you said, fly-by-night factories can chuck a bike together from the worst parts and then vanish when enough people complain.

Everyone and their brother is riding E-bikes near me, I almost see no pedal bikes, even the crackheads have them!

Market saturation is good since it drives prices down, but as you said, fly-by-night factories can chuck a bike together from the worst parts and then vanish when enough people complain.
Which is why I am trying to steer my girl toward the Addmotor. It's not the cheapest, but Addmotor is a company that has been around for some years now and is at least established. The fact that it comes in purple might make that an easy sell lol. It also simply has the most positive reviews, including several youtube videos where it's picked as a top budget e-bike by many, even a couple that I know wouldn't say it if they didn't mean it.

That is a good deal. Good battery too, just wish it had a bit more capacity. I just sent that to her as well. Now we have a real contender.

Is this thread going to be for just E-Bike deals only ???...If so, we really should move it to the E-bike section of the forums.

;)

Back