Motobecane moped

I have a 1980 50V "Mobylette" Yes, the Gurtner carburetors are not great, but neither are the Bing carburetors on Puch engines. I have a 1979 Sears Free Spirit with the Puch E50 engine, and I cannot get the Bing carb to stop leaking around the float bowl. One of the biggest issues with Motobecanes is electrical issues. I also have a '70s model Solex 3800, which I believe was made by Motobecane, though I'm not positive. If it is not rusted out, bent, or seriously damaged, I would buy it if you have a legal way to transfer ownership. In my state a simple bill of sale is all it takes. Mopeds do not have titles in my state. If you need a title, and the seller doesn't have one, it's probably not worth messing with. Vintage mopeds are skyrocketing in value. I paid $1000 for my Sears Free Spirit a couple years ago. It was in great condition, but I have already spent almost $500 more making it perfect. I could likely get every penny back if I decided to sell it. These things are no longer a dime a dozen.

I dropped this idea and am working on my my Yamaha Virago.
I pulled the front forks and took them to a local motorcycle shop to install new seals.

The last few days I have been cleaning all the gunk off everything and detailing the chrome and putting new brake pads on.

Next is a oil change and a few other things,thinking about selling this bike and getting a enduro type bike.

I've was looking at the Suzy 650 V-Strom. Not the most glamorous but a solid reliable low maintenance machine. I can't afford a new ride at this time, so that's it for now.

Never smelled that new bike smell before out of 12 or so motorcycles I have owned.

I just want something smaller and lighter more nimble than what I have,not really sure what I want but I guess I will know when I see it.

Never smelled that new bike smell before out of 12 or so motorcycles I have owned.

I just want something smaller and lighter more nimble than what I have,not really sure what I want but I guess I will know when I see it.
Buying from an old geezer or a baby daddy, low mileage and garaged bike is the best. When you walk up to the bike you know right away you're riding it home. Buying used nowadays you save $2k in fees alone.

Buying from an old geezer or a baby daddy, low mileage and garaged bike is the best. When you walk up to the bike you know right away you're riding it home. Buying used nowadays you save $2k in fees alone.
That's what I was looking at, a few years old, meticulously maintained and low km.

That's what I was looking at, a few years old, meticulously maintained and low km.
Check out this city bike.
1707672517104.png

Back