Help with Small Honda Engine?....

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Rgvkid, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

I just picked up a free kayak from my uncle that was a prototype with a small engine inside. I was thinking of pulling the engine to use on my bike but but im not sure if it is 2-stroke or 4 stroke.

I can't find see a serial or specifis model. I know its older because i can't find info online either. It looks like it was a weed eater engine.

Honda XHNXS 0314AA Thats all it shows on the sticker. Im taking that it is a 31cc because it says Displacement 31cm. The top of the housing shows OHV

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Forget it, I found that it is a GX31 4stroke. Awesome I scored!

Attached Files:

• Yak3.jpg
      Yak3.jpg
      File size:
      134.6 KB
      Views:
    • Yak4.jpg
      Yak4.jpg
      File size:
      100.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Sounds like a score, all around. If it were me I'd be tempted to leave it in the boat and mess with that. I bet it zips a kayak right along.

The GX31 is a sweet little engine, unfortunatley it was discontinued in favor of the the 25 and 35.

3. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

Im going to try it out in the yak But eventually i'd like to mount a trolling motor to the Yak becuase of less noise and worry, Then i can use the engine to replace my blown poulan chain saw engine on my bike. It does look like its going to be fun on the water.

4. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

OHV stands for Over Head Valve, meaning it's a 4 cycle engine.