Hi From Tasmania, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by thestu, Feb 20, 2007.

1. thestu

thestu Guest

:smile:

Just a quick intro! My name is stu, and I have recently dropped a Chinese 49cc on my old Diamond back Mountain bike! it is all going pretty well!

I have to say this is an excellent forum, it has been very useful resource for a newbie such as myself. great information and many interesting topics.

I think I'll be spending a bit of time here as I have a few questions that hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me with!!

So G'day to everyone and a special hello to any Aussies out there.

Stu

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

We do have a couple other people from the land down under here. Actually I think we have about 3 or 4. I forgot exactly how many.

Glad that we can help!

3. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Ya, welcome

On a mountain bike cool. Tom has one on his trek. That would be pretty cool. I always thought it would be cool to put one on a BMX cruiser. and try to do stunts on it LOL

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

welcome to Mbc, thestu 8)

i had a diamondback "outlook" that would have made a superb MotoredBike...i'm looking forward to seeing your ride :)

5. Wheels

Wheels Guest

Welcome thestu, lots of cyclists in Tasmania?

wheels

6. etheric

etheric Guest

Welcome.

7. thestu

thestu Guest

Thanks for your replies, good to be here!!

Great to get some replies,

Bike is going well, still have a few issues but i'm sure if I can't find answers here then the answers don't exsist!!!!

I will endeavour to post a few pics of my ride! in the near future.

As for a bmx cruiser with a motor. doing tricks!!! I remember many years ago breaking bones doing tricks on a non power bmx, so I think I'll pass. But I'd love to watch someone else attempting it!!

Tasmania or Tassie as it is referred too! isn't a big place, with a fairly small population, (approx 1/2 a million all up) that being said there are plenty of cyclists about, although I haven't seen 1 with a motor as yet. I think I am it! but hey how cool is that!!!!

There is a great cycleway here, which is why bicycles are so popular.

http://www.cyclingsouth.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=40

check it out if anyone would like to know more.

(oh hope it is ok to post a link? ah better go read some rule and regs)

Stu

8. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Someone else do tricks

Have someone else do tricks good idea. Let someone else be the ginny pig.