holding in clutch all the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Honestly these "engines" are just blanks from which a real engine can be made =-) My Kheihin 22mm was huge. I loved it but could not find jets for it and I needed to hit a spot between drill brit sizes where there was a large interval. Only later I learned about soldering wires of varying diameter to the outside of the jet and threading the free end of the wire into the hole. These are hair thin fine wires of known gauges of course.
Now that I found out that 21mm is the largest size for the 66cc engine with a reed on it, I bought a Dellorto 21mm PHBG, which was basically the only thing that was available on the market due to the small nature of motoparts merchants here and the crisis in effect. There were plenty of jets for it on the market though. I'm happy about the purchase. It cost considerably less than the Dellorto Direct site, it was in all original Dellort packaging and I didn't have to order it from over seas. It was their last one in stock, so I think they were just trying to get rid of it. The Polini CP 21mm was the one I had wanted to buy, but to my chagrin wasnt in stock when I arrived to buy it, despite it having been listed as in stock and I had reserved it.
So how do those bushings hold up? Have you though about trying techline racing coatings? http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-performance/bs-internal-engine-coatings.html I use the DFL-1 coating for moving surfaces and the "ceramic" thermal barrier for the crown of the piston and the inside of the head. Some of the coatings they sell are purchasable only by businesses, but they have everything that the amatuers need. The surfaces of the metal have to be sandblasted by an aluminum oxide grit of a certain size range. Man does it ever change the way the engine runs and behaves. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back