Ebay HOLY CRAP Y'ALL! Mitsubishi TLE43's $85 !!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by grinningremlin, Aug 2, 2013.

1. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

2. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

That's the absolutely best 2.2hp engine for an unbelievable price!
    I'd buy three of them, but I already have a few.

3. bahramu

bahramu Member

I just bought one too. This'll be my backup MB, or it may very well turn into my daily. Thanks for the tip. I'm curious to hear from you about the condition they are in when they arrive.

4. grinningremlin

I'm hoping for the best too.He cut me a deal on shipping, $200 for both shipped.If he packs them well they should be in good to go shape.I'm still iffy on the mix ratio (online manual says there's 2 classes) but I hear even the 25:1 runs better at 40:1.If we never put them on a bike they would be GREAT for one of those Staton motorized wheelbarrows.
    When I get them I'll post how they run, were packed etc.

5. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

I ran my Mits engines @ 40:1 fuel/oil mix. No engine complaints, slightly lean because of their expansion pipes.

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Great deal, wish I was a 2 stroke fan I'd buy the 2 left. Wish I could locate a honda50 deal like that lol.

7. grinningremlin

I'll bet a Tanaka PF4000 with a silencer and juicebox (for quieter intake) would change your mind.If these TLE's work well I may have to sell some stuff and buy up the rest to build some MAB's to sell, or sell the engines here at a later date.

8. bahramu

bahramu Member

Only 1 more left

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Grem I bought a brand new tanaka 40cc and rode it one time then sold it. Too loud for me, you could hear that thing from 2 blocks away. That's like saying here POLICE here I am come get me. Riding mabs is a gray area here and quiet is good. I like quiet too as quiet can be.

10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I was going to buy that last one to sit on it for resale. All gone, story of my life.

11. bahramu

bahramu Member

Just received mine, looks a bit dusty but everything looks good. Can't wait to start it when I get back from my trip to CO.
    Can I start the engine without it mounted on anything? I don't have any experience with these, just the HT motors. Do I just add the mixed gas and start?

12. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Its not a good idea to start a motor with a centrifugal clutch without the clutch enclosed in a bell. If the motor revs up the clutch could explode on you by expanding with no containment.

13. bahramu

bahramu Member

Glad I asked!
    Planning on pairing this with Statons FD kit unless someone has a chain drive kit I can buy

14. grinningremlin

Make sure you get a big spindle, I was using a 52cc with a 1.25" spindle (BMP drive) and it would spin on the tire unless I pedaled WAY up and feathered the throttle.

15. grinningremlin

Got my engines, holy crap again.The best deal ever, two MIJ, never run, 2.2hp, 50:1 clean 2 strokes for $200 shipped!I don't even know if I'm going to try them out, or just keep them in an un-run condition for the distant future.I figure if no gas goes through them they should be fine for decades.

16. lowracer

lowracer Member

Grinnin,
    Would u consider letting one go?
    I was too late & could use one for yet another project.
    thx
    -Lowracer-

17. grinningremlin

I sent a pm to darwin as well, if you sign in to ebay (as of this morning) and go to the auction it still has 1 left.I'm going to hang on to these like little chunks of functional gold.

18. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Went to the site and no more as of this date and time.....hope low got the one your referring to. Thanks for the heads up Grem.

19. lowracer

lowracer Member

Darwin,
    They were all gone before I posted to Grinnin.
    I scored a lightly used Tanaka 47 (non-R) for a slightly lower price, so I'm good.
    I did email that seller & he has a bunch of used Mitsubishi 43's for low prices if anyone wants used ones.
    "Sorry I'm out of town at moment. I do not have any new. Maybe a few that have been used but can't guarantee working well. 2 of those for $125? 4 for $200? monty"
    -Low-

20. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I'm not a 2 stroker, was going to buy it and sit on it for awhile. Positive I could sell one of the new ones for 250$ in the future. $85 is a steal for that motor.