How do you pit a rag joint on without break the spokes?

inspectorcritic

Local time
1:02 AM
I get the feeling at day one putting on a rag joint the spokes are broken right then.
But with jerk friction starts it's gonna break them.
Me, I close it to where there is no gap in the two rags combing together.
On a spoke, they only last a month or two before the wheel wobble is so damn bad. And the effort is so damn much 9 bolts must come then you need a special tool and a vice that means a bike shop $2.00 a spoke then labor then tunning.
Looking maybe $40.00

I got to order in some magnum 6 cog rims they got to be split they sell other 6 cog magnums but you got to look close see they are split so you can put on a 18 hole gear Not 15 not just 9 so one can run just three 10mm bolts about
60mm long flat heads through some as***le thug my other bike it's gonna take time and money to perfect another ride.

Get ya a good Ulock inspector. Hope you get your bike back.

On a spoke, they only last a month or two before the wheel wobble is so damn bad. And the effort is so damn much 9 bolts must come then you need a special tool and a vice that means a bike shop $2.00 a spoke then labor then tunning.
Looking maybe $40.00
Hi inspector,

This is why i do this to my bike...it avoids the whole problem...look for post #52...DAMIEN

If you're going to use a rag joint start with good spokes and throw out the included hardware. Use 1/4 inch grade 8. The threads on the imcluded hardware are crap. Don't reuse a rag and snugbthem over the course of a day or two. Retighten ever 30 miniutes of riding until they stop relaxing loose. Use vinyle locknuts too

Do you have a link?
Got put it on today though finally a break in the weather, but I'm thinking of going mags and say f*** spokes altogether.
There are quite a few different sprocket adapters out on the market. I have an old type that I got 10 years ago, there are better ones out there than the one I got. Make sure you get one that will fit on your rear hub so you have to measure it.

This is the one I got 10 years ago, it has 9 bolts but it won't fit the standard stock sprocket holes. They have a large one and a small one, make sure you measure the circumference of your rear hub. ---> http://www.livefastmotors.com/categ...s/clam-shell-sprocket-addaptor-hub-parts.html

I recommend that you get the 3 bolt type, I've never owned one but I think they are better-----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/J1KUZHE-32...571764?hash=item1cf19b4f74:g:cEcAAOSwJOlc647U

Here is a cheaper one----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-MOTOR...790609?hash=item2ae80cf891:g:z8EAAOSwm~1cHAIv

There are a bunch of different ones out there, some better than others, you should shop around.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Those are nice cuz they are way easier to install, you just need to modify those so they don't slip. Even if you rough up the contact points and tighten it as tight as possible, it will still slip and bend your spokes which will twist your rim.

You can drill a hole on the hub and in the adapter and use a pin to pin it or thread a screw or something .

Here's a great option as for a wheel

Or if you don't mind paying extra. This one there is no need for an adapter, the sprocket bolts right on.
Ebay.com

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back