how does agk's jackshaft design keep the shaft in place?

butterbean

Local time
10:22 PM
Just wondering what type of bearings/bearing hangers does agk use in their jackshaft and how do they keep the shaft from rotating and throwing off the chain alignment?

Well, I got my jackshaft from agk today. My previous drive train was custom made by culvercityclassic, but after only about 6 months, the welds on his jackshaft started cracking. Agk's jackshaft is much nicer, sorry to say. The mounting holes come pre-slotted to adjust for chain tension, unlike the one from ccc. And there are no welds to crack on agk's version.

you have got alot of nerve badmouthing something someone gave you.....have you no class at all? Ive stuck up for you a few times just knowing youre kinda harsh around the edges but really....youre just a ****.
If you build and maintain like you act.......the part had no chance at all.

Gave me? ....No. I paid $200 for ccc's custom made gearbox. I have a right to be upset that the single most expensive part on my bike fell apart after only 6 months.

You like to criticize me for the things I say, and that's ok because I don't really care. But fyi, you usually only know half the story, and don't listen to my side. And just because I think one part is better than another, ah screw it, say what you want I just don't care anymore. I'm tired of defending myself to ignorant people.

Jeff Wolf I am smiling and thankful I no longer deal with him. I have that type of set up on three bikes and two are cvt with 160cc motors with no issues. BBB may have had some other issues to cause the part to fail. I don't belong to that site, but give him my love if you can. Lol

Jeff Wolf You can quote me if you want

Have a great day

I'm not really sure what caused the part to fail. All I know is the welds cracked after 6 months. And with agk's setup, there are no welds to crack. I honestly wish that I'd bought from them in the first place. I didn't because a lot of ppl were complaining that agk was taking months to get parts out. This time I didn't have a choice, as Jeff would not respond to my emails and I couldn't afford any other gearbox. So I hesitantly bought from agk, and now I'm glad I did. Jeff is forever outside my bubble. sure, he got my $200, but that's all he is going to get from me, since I wouldn't buy from him again if I could. And in the grand scheme of things, $200 is not all that much money. For the record, I don't ever remember saying that form a gasket was better than a weld. How could it be, when it doesn't bond anything? Even I am not that stupid. I did use quiksteel putty to repair cracked welds around my gas tank bung, and it worked like a charm. Been 4 or 5 months since I did that, and it still hasn't leaked. People sure do waste a lot of energy being ****ed off at me and being happy to see me having problems though. But oh well, that's your problem, not mine. I'm living my life the same, with or without some Internet knuckle heads in my corner. If you think for one second that your opinion of me affects even a millisecond of my life in any way, just keep feeling that way if thats what it takes for you to feel good/better about yourself. I'm like a tank, I keep rolling regardless. 30 years on this earth and many people with that same opinion, and I'm still rollin'. In fact, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I'm not so pathetic as to be built up or broken down by the opinion of someone behind a computer screen, and many times not even by someone I'm face to face with.

I don't need anyone to defend me. If I deem it necessary, I'm quite capable of defending myself. I no longer deem it necessary to defend myself to anyone I haven't met face to face.

Back