HT Engine Noise Reduction

Pedal clearance, first. I have standard one piece cranks, and they clear the motor housings by about 1/4" if that. I am not sure if the cranks or frame really flex but it hasn't scraped yet.
Another reason is I wouldn't want to cover the engine information or serial number. Also the inside of the casings are usually bare and unpainted, which would facilitate the coating.

Why not use it on the outside of the case covers.

Yes. The "Engine Family Information" is on a green sticker on the left side cover just under the finned part of the motor, and the mfgr date is on the left side cover that is covering the small chain driving gear. Its a 2009 Grubee 48cc from www.bikeberry.com.
I thought the s/n was on there, but its not. I don't know if there is a SN for the engine.

Its important for me because there are restrictions in my location for engine displacement (50cc and under limit).

Last edited:
Yes. The "Engine Family Information" is on a green sticker on the left side cover just under the finned part of the motor, and the mfgr date is on the left side cover that is covering the small chain driving gear. Its a 2009 Grubee 48cc from www.bikeberry.com.
I thought the s/n was on there, but its not. I don't know if there is a SN for the engine.

Its important for me because there are restrictions in my location for engine displacement (50cc and under limit).

My (2009 ZBox 66cc) engine has none of that. It just has a 3 or 4 digit number stamped on the engine casing near the front engine mount. Been meaning to write it down.
There's nothing on mine to give away it's displacement.

... Steve

Mine has a metal plate with engine model and cc on the chain cover plate,but nothing on the mag cover or clutch cover cause i have a pull start and centrifugal clutch. and my engine is mounted above my peddals so i have no clearance problems. a nice black rubber coating on the mag cover and clutch cover wouldnt hurt nothing,but i never got around to buying the rubber spray paint yet.

As far as I know, the rubber product is only sprayable with professional equipment (like at bedliner shops with a booth). You can buy smaller cans of it from auto racing stores and 4x4 shops. It may be expensive and messy.

There is a product which comes in a 5gallon bucket or less that is used to dip tool handles in, which might work. Perhaps you can dip the hole cover and cut out the screw holes.

Anyone try the bomb can of car undercoating? I've used it on the underside of steel tubs and stainless sinks to make them seem much more heavy duty and not "tinny".

I don't see how you guys have much room on the inside for putting layers of cardboard and such. My flower nut touches as it is.

Back