HT leaking petrol/fuel cap

I thought of that too but I think I'm holding in my hand the answer THANK YOU FETOR!!

Looking thru some blown tubes don't ask me why I keep these now I'm glad I did I come across a blown high pressure tube. SCORE!!
Check it. It's THREADED all the way across. And yes. It has a one way valve! Air can go in but not out. On the bike I guess you can push down on the top to expel some air.
All I need to do now is drill the right size hole on the cap and go to Lowes and get a couple of nuts to fit this,some washers,maybe some rubber O rings?
I think this is it. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 100_0683 copy.JPG
    100_0683 copy.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by a moderator:
And yes. It has a one way valve! Air can go in but not out.

Save the others for that proto-type fuel injector project someday,
If air can go in one-way and not out, perhaps a skwert fuel can to !!

Staying tuned...,

The advantages to a sealed tank

Pic 1 ~ I believe it was around Fall when I noticed my brake shoe rubbing on my tire. I have NoMoreFlats on my bike so I didn't think about looking at my tire. Yesterday I noticed something...off.
Pic 2 ~ Lookey! Flip my bike upside down,no leak epic win!
Pic 3 ~ Look at my old tire. This is that Kelvon whatever tire from Wal Marts. Epic fail.But the NoMoreFlats is an epic win!
Pic 4 ~ Before I flipped my bike upside down,I flipped my mirror so it won't get in the way. Now I think this is teh coolness.
Pic 5 ~ I bought my daughter a car she'll make the payments that rools A new windsheild was installed yesterday this morning I drove Moop to pick it up then on the way home Moop went in the trunk.
He's never gonna stop reminding me of this day.
I'm off to Lowes to get that hardware....I may hold off a little before taking a drill to this cap...I'll buy that replacement cap for in these cases where I need a guaranteed good seal.
My kickstand hit a spoke this morning when I was riding. I think I don't need this kickstand no more. It's too dangerous anyway having this bar that close to my spokes. Most of the time I have something to lay it on...I could even use the floor.

Attachments

• 1failife.JPG
    1failife.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 2noleak.JPG
    2noleak.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 3failife.JPG
    3failife.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 4coolmirror.JPG
    4coolmirror.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 5careatbikeno!.JPG
    5careatbikeno!.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 209
Metric #6 nut ~ no.
Standard fine thread 1/4 ~ no.
#7 ~ too big.
Nothing fits this stem. I don't have the original nut that snugged up to the rim.
Oh heck. Drill tiny holes in this cap,get that replacement cap and keep it in my tool pouch for when I need to seal my tank. Find that foam.
Simple Simple.

Metric #6 nut ~ no.
Standard fine thread 1/4 ~ no.
#7 ~ too big.
Nothing fits this stem. I don't have the original nut that snugged up to the rim.
Oh heck. Drill tiny holes in this cap,get that replacement cap and keep it in my tool pouch for when I need to seal my tank. Find that foam.
Simple Simple.
lol...Don't panic Large.....if u don't have the original nut that fits on the valve stem try cutting a metal nut/nuts from an old metal valve stem cap.
P1010042.JPG

Doesn't work. Tried that. It seems there's threads up top for the cap then the rest is this fine thread deal. What I need to do is look for expensive bashed up rims with this tube still on it cause there's that nut that snugs it up to the rim.
For now I'm cool with riding with the cap off. I spilled some gas yesterday and messed up my cheap paint job but it's cool. By the end of the month,though when I need most of my tank capacity to do that 60 miler round trip I'm gonna have to get something done.I'm gonna check out the bike shop tomorrow for that nut. They hate my bike,though. Maybe I'll drive my truck over there. Last time owner threw a fit cause my bike dripped something black on his concrete I mean get a life but his stuff is incredible I don't understand doesn't he know I'm a potential word of mouth customer and the Happy Time would only boost sales for it's the perfect engine to compliment these iRide worthy bikes? Sometimes I don't get people.

Try motorbike shops for that nut...they fit perfect...u just want secondhand ones where ppl have replaced tyres/tubes and have those nuts leftover as spares.

The OH&S perspective.

We all need a simple fix to this cap issue now. I'm wondering how much fuel I waste with this leaky piece of poo-cap. This is a Bad OH&S issue.
People do smoke in my area quite a bit. We are basically putting a bomb between our legs...you do the math, not a pretty picture.
A friend of mine mentioned a motorbike issue is car-motorists flipping
cigarette butts out the window. If one of them hits us, its the same issue.

Even if it just catches fire and don't explode, putting that fire out by hand
is not fun, let alone the potential cable damage.

About 20 years ago I had try to put my VW beetle out with a towel.
I still remember the smoke plume.

I don't plan on ever being a suicide bomber...:oops:
As per above idea, I'm going to buy some vasoline, and test my sealant.

The foam filter in the gas cap is part of the cap. I now remember having to buy a whole new cap when the filter got too dirty.

Attachments

• gas cap.JPG
    gas cap.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 214
  • gas cap top.JPG
    gas cap top.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 202
That shouldn't be too hard to do. I can find a piece of plastic/rubber like that material and form a circle then use the chain screw that's dab in the middle of the cap to secure it. It would hold the foam element then I can drill some tiny holes. And since it would still leak when I turn my bike upside down I'll go ahead and get that replacement cap.
Yes. This would be the easiest thing to do. I'll have to get that replacement cap first,though. That replacement cap I can keep in my tool pouch for when I need to lay my bike down for I took off my kickstand broke 2 spokes @#$% and I can keep that chain on there for it only takes a phillips to take it off.
THAANKS SCOTT for this tip!

Back