Hub motors & torque arms

Some come out the end of the axle some come out an inch or so into the acle for some weird reason or another.
So the axle on hub motors are flat on 2 sides and without the torque arm it would, over time, warble out the dropout,
causing alot of problems.

So really only 1 torque arm is needed per wheel.
Yeah I've read if it's got suspension & hub motors it should always have torque arms. No exceptions. I read it will save your butt & keep everything right & tight in the long run.

That bike I ordered dont have torque arms on the front or rear motors. Do I need these?

s

Really are you sure? your bike should have torque arms already

Torque arm on the Rad Rover 5, It also doubles to keep the wheel from dropping out if ya forget to tighten the axle nut
The axle is flat on 2 sides
DSCF2344.JPG

Notice the little torque washer with the tab on it that hold the axle, also prevents ya from putting the axle in wrong or backwards because it won't fit correctly in tandem with the torque arm if it's installed upside down
DSCF2346.JPG

The deralieur is the torque arm on the other side
DSCF2348.JPG

It also has a washer with a tab on it
DSCF2349.JPG

Really are you sure? your bike should have torque arms already

Torque arm on the Rad Rover 5, It also doubles to keep the wheel from dropping out if ya forget to tighten the axle nut
The axle is flat on 2 sides
View attachment 197867
Notice the little torque washer with the tab on it that hold the axle, also prevents ya from putting the axle in wrong or backwards because it won't fit correctly in tandem with the torque arm if it's installed upside down
View attachment 197868
The deralieur is the torque arm on the other side
View attachment 197869
It also has a washer with a tab on it
View attachment 197870
That bike I ordered might have torque arms similar to that. Maybe i just cant see them in the internet pictures. A couple guys i have watched putting the front wheel on youtube on this bike, just showed some washers/spacers.

I definitely would rather be safe than sorry. Will shall see when the bike shows up for sure. Thanks for the detailed pics it will give me a idea what to look for.

That bike I ordered might have torque arms similar to that. Maybe i just cant see them in the internet pictures. A couple guys i have watched putting the front wheel on youtube on this bike, just showed some washers/spacers.

I definitely would rather be safe than sorry. Will shall see when the bike shows up for sure. Thanks for the detailed pics it will give me a idea what to look for.
Be sure to check very carefully so you dont take anything off when yur assembling it then forget where it goes.
Seen some guys on the other place totally take it apart and forgot how the spacers/washers/torque arm/spacer/washer/thingy went on :ROFLMAO:

Be sure to check very carefully so you dont take anything off when yur assembling it then forget where it goes.
Seen some guys on the other place totally take it apart and forgot how the spacers/washers/torque arm/spacer/washer/thingy went on :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I've been watching some high payed youtube ebike reviewers & most of them should not be working on a bikes. They were horrible at putting bikes together. Cant believe a guy can get payed for stuff like that.

Some guy had the sloted/locking washer on the outside and forgot to put the actual spacer back in between the cassette and the frame.

He kept telling me it was on right so i finally said ok good luck.

Then another member came along and told the guy the same thing then the guy looked properly and lo and behold he had it all wrong LOL

Wrenches situ up there is proilly like your's will be or very similar.

Some guy had the sloted/locking washer on the outside and forgot to put the actual spacer back in between the cassette and the frame.

He kept telling me it was on right so i finally said ok good luck.

Then another member came along and told the guy the same thing then the guy looked properly and lo and behold he had it all wrong LOL

Wrenches situ up there is proilly like your's will be or very similar.
I would still like to put Grin technology torque arms on it if there is room & they will work. Just to cover my butt.

Back