Hypothetical: you have 2 grand to put together a build from scratch.

cloakedvillain

Local time
9:35 PM
What bike and what engine? Mods? Accessories? I'm going with a haro klunkerson, a bt80 and all the fixings: head light, horn, turn signals, rear rack, mirrors, and an expansion pipe.

Only 2k? So much for my dream build. That only buys about a third of my bike lol. A titanium framed Clydesdale 32 incher.

Since I have a budget...

A SixThreeZero InTheBarrel 7 speed 26" Cruiser $529.

With a Lifan produced Suzuki AX100 clone engine $855 shipped

With a Gemini Wheel Pitbike dual rotor wheel set. $579

Total: $1963. That leaves me a few bucks for odds and ends. I have enough other random parts and fuel tanks laying around, or I could go a hair over budget on a fuel tank.

The engine would be mounted in a partial stress member style to help brace the entire frame. All mount point joints would be brazed instead of welded to give flexibility in the joint and not induce stress points. I would probably work out some sort of suicide shifter setup in case I want to select a gear for hill climbs or a cruiser gear.

Yes, I have thought this through because I really do want to do it eventually. The actual idea was to build a Motorized bike that I would be able to take cross country. One of my more crazy hair brained ideas lol.

Back