I need a 4g T belt transmission

barnett256

Local time
8:16 AM
I need something better than the crappy transmission that came with my four stroke Hausheng whatever motor. Mine has failed in every way possible. .. I can't find anything better, everyone is sold out! Is there anyone on this planet that has something better?

Last edited:
I spose it would depend on what kind of 4G you have that gives you so much trouble. There's at least 5 different kinds of 4Gs I know of.

None are perfect, most need some clutch spring tweaking and/or clutch bell repair. Key thing is always keep the clutch rotor rigid as possible.

Some have goofy freewheeling assemblies. Lock em up. When 4Gs work, they work for years at a time. Mine hasn't been messed with in 6K miles.

The belts last a long time as long as they don't eat a rock. I have 8K miles on my belt, still nice. 4G lend themselves well to jackshafting too :D

Lock a 4G up 9 or 10T out and output it to a freewheel, up to a 22T freewheel input on a jackshaft. The real fun begins from there!

4Gs are easy to get bearings and belts for. Fun fact: the bearings in my 4Gs pulley are the same one used in chinagirl cranks lol

Back