I Sold my push trailer today....

Discussion in 'Push Trailers' started by macarollo, May 14, 2009.

1. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I finally sold my push trailer today... for $480. I think I had about $350 in it.

The guy I sold it to cannot get his license until 2013 because of DUI's. He was actually drinking a bear when he pulled up to my house (he was a passenger).

He works 14 miles away and gets off of work at 2am. I hope he drives it safely. I don't want to see a news story about him crashing it. I did have him sign a waiver saying that the vehicle is being sold as an OFF ROAD vehicle.

2. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Good idea,the waiver part,the question remains WHEN does he start work,around
    6 pm ?,and what shape might he be in.What do YOU expect.He is a longterm lush it seems.Be prepared.

3. infowarrior

infowarrior Banned

lol good for you...

4. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Macarollo...

Only one thing to do with that cash you have now... build an even BETTER push trailer!

5. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I like the way you think! I have been thinking about some ideas.

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

congrats -- I admit -- you got way more than I thought that you would

we also have a no license DUI guy in our town
    rides his MB around with a slight buzz on
    next time caught he will do a prison term
    it's some serious stuff these days

good idea -- getting him to sign the waiver
    may not be long before he gets pulled over
    hopefully he will not be high as a kite !!

MM

7. macarollo

macarollo Guest

The first motorized bike I sold... I think I sold it to someone who had trouble with his license. I guess there is a market for motorized bikes to DUI offenders.

8. Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Member

yes!
    13hp electric start!

9. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Now 13 horse may be serious overkill....

10. macarollo

macarollo Guest

11. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

man u cant remove the pedals!

12. macarollo

macarollo Guest

If I can retain them I will.

13. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Mac...

How would you hook up to the bike sprocket being a different chain # type?

I guess you are thinking of running a jackshaft to get the sprocket to the right side of the bike for the sprocket??

14. macarollo

macarollo Guest

Yes I would have to run a jackshaft. I'd use a 35 Pitch gear on one side and a bicycle pitch gear on the other side which would go down to the gears.

One challenge I will have is repositioning the derailer and/or adding some tensioners to reposition the chain. Also the frame might be in the way of the chain... another problem.

First I need to find a bike that I want to attempt a new build on. Another option is to go frame mount, but I would have to chop and reweld the bike for it to fit.

15. Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Member

cspaur has started a thread with the 2.5
    He also wants to frame mount it.....as do I.
    http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=20187

16. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Great job on selling the trailer! I can't wait to see your next build with the 79cc engine.

17. cspaur13

cspaur13 Member

well idk if its going to get frame mounted on mine. my dad keeps wanting me to rack mount it so i can pedal like a normal bike and he said it would fit better but idk. Your bike might have more room in the frame and you can try to see if those wider crank pedals work or getting shorter cranks off a little kids bike.. my project still has nuthin new.

Thanks,
    Cody