Idiots Have Serious Motored Bike Crash in Australia

I figure if a car hits me and I need that ambulance ride their car insurance should cover that if there's a police report or I'm gonna go to the People's court and let Judge Judy decide.

Sparky,
Well, $36.50 per year, for a just incase, instead of $650.00 and I'm only guessing that's the current minimum rate in the local metro area, can't see how you say it ain't that much.
These guys were air lifted by helicopter. That ain't cheap.

There was this "accident" ( domestic stuff) I happen to be a passer by and watched like many do, the ambulance crew were pleading with the woman to be taken to hospital.
She insisted to be called a taxi cos she had no ambulance cover.
I don't know what happened, just moved on. But the condition she was in ya have be a very desperate taxi driver who has had a bad day and needed a the job to go less than a mile to a main hospital, cos it's still the minimum fee of around $650.00.

Sparky,
Well, $36.50 per year, for a just incase, instead of $650.00 and I'm only guessing that's the current minimum rate in the local metro area, can't see how you say it ain't that much.
Just stating that $650 might be a little shocking at first, but it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. When you get an ambulance ride less than 10 miles, and then later on you receive a bill for more than $2,000... you are so shocked that you decide to lobby against the health care industry. Luckily, I wasn't moved by my excessive ambulance bill, because my insurance covered it.

Ambulance insurance for $36.50 a year is a steal, tho. I'd definitely choose that if it were available to me.

Usually it's not a good idea to count on household insurance, because... (A) you'd have to pay a pretty hefty deductible & (B) your premiums would no doubt go up as well. Not a very good financial choice, I would think.

Also, are you sure the electric bicycle will be covered for an accident not even close to your property??

Well, I will ask for the fine print in writing for this cover.
The answer I was given was yes...
I am just sniffing around this issue, to work out my options to be safe.

I've come a long way since riding a petrol spewing, greasy, troublesome
bicycle with an illegal 70cc HT attached. Still it was alot of fun not knowing how far
or fast I'd travel each ride....

They used to have insurance for the Martial Art I did and I figure if they insure that, they'll insure anything...

4 warned @ 4 arms length.

I haven't read the articles/details on the crash, but I'll still give my 2-or-more cents. Two motoredbikes colliding must be a rare occurance. There aren't many out there, are there? Two MBs having a serious, high-speed, fiery collision? Sounds fishy to me. On TV, maybe 50% of vehicle collisions result in fire/explosion, but in real-life it is probably closer to 1 in 100,000. So I can understand people being inclined to suspect the riders involved were reckless, stupid, wasting oxygen...
What disturbs me is the growing tendency of creating new/harsher laws in response to extreme and sensational cases. In the good-ol USA, we must have millions of laws on the books covering everything imaginable. Laws involving drugs, domestic violence, guns, computers, vehicles, children (especially "the children"), murder... no matter how many laws or how severe the punishments, people will keep breaking these laws. And there will always be "extreme" cases that will have people demanding tougher punishments for the "not extreme" cases.

OK. This is not the White Zone, so I'll get back to MB-specific comments. Laws are almost never repealed. Rules and laws regarding MBs will only increase in number and severity. High fuel prices and CO2 concerns may slightly slow the trend, but I'll bet that the majority of people in the majority of countries consider bicycles as road hazards. Sensational accidents will only aggrevate this contempt.

Didn't mean to be so negative. I love you guys!

My father showed me how to wire a plug when I was 10 years old... now its illegal for me to do it at work because I havent got a piece of paper to prove that I can do it.

Yes it is stupid these days, my step dad works for the government and when a light blows there they have to get an electrician out to change a fricken light bulb as its illegal to do it yourself as u could "injure" yourself. All he has to do is get a chair, take the light bulb out and replace it and the boss says no your not allowed we will get in trouble. How stupid!

From brendon.v

Mate, even if they let these incidents slip under the radar there will still be bored cops with nothing better to do

Mate, even if they let these incidents slip under the radar there will still be bored cops with nothing better to do

The issue is that a 70cc 2-stroke motor on Big W $80 Dunlop bike is not a good mix. When you add a rider with bellyfull of grog and a very small brain to that combination you get accidents that attract huge publicity and a call for restrictions from the lawmakers. In the Grafton incident there were two such combinations in the same town - it was only a matter of time before they ran into each other. The Ballina guy who hit the lamp post in 2006 was a particularly objectionable drunken idiot (I met him) and the Woolongong moron was from the same mould. The only way to stop the dangerous morons is to restrict motored bikes to 200W and that means we'll have to get used to using a motor slightly more powerful than my electric toothbrush.
That's just how it will have to go. The small amount of idiots will ruin it for everyone else.

Back