Intake manifold for vertical 212?

Some of use cant afford computers!
Neither can I afford to go out and spend hundreds, if not thousands on one...Thats why I build my own...This one was built from spare parts I had lying around in some "junk" computers and then I put a Linux Operating System on it since it is so much superior to a Windows OS, plus Linux is free, unlike Windows...I built it back in 2015 and it's still humming right along with zero problems.

It's not that difficult to do, If an old fossil of 68 years old like me can do it, how much more so you younger ones who already have so many other skills besides successfully building MB's???

I finally got a new lap top and retired my old one from 2006, I had installed the max amount of memory it could take which was only 4gb not enough in this day and age.
Got it for under 400 CDN on Amazon on sale. Pretty basic with a Celeron 5051, 12 gb ram and 256 gb SSD. 100% faster than the old boat anchor.
First thing I did was install Ubuntu 22.04 and Brave Browser.

I had installed the max amount of memory it could take which was only 4gb not enough in this day and age.
But it IS enough if your running a Linux Mint XFCE OS...I also have an old Asus notebook from 2008 that I upgraded by getting rid of the spinner HDD and the cheap one gig of ram and replaced those with a 256 GB SSD and a max of 2 GB of ram that it can hold and it runs like greased lightening...It is Windows that is the high bottleneck resource hog in a computer, not the hardware if you do it right with a Linux XFCE OS, like what can be found with Linux Mint....Ubuntu is a heavier OS than the previously mentioned LM OS i'm using which uses Ubuntu as its base.

I also use nothing but the Brave Browser that I have also streamlined and modified as you will readily see with my screenshot of it...lol.

Screenshot_2023-11-09_09-39-32.png

Cool, I haven't tried Linux mint. I'll have to give it a whirl.
I tried to install Ubuntu without first installing windows and wasn't able to come up with the drivers no matter what command line entries I did. So ended up installing Unbuntu as a duel boot system. Never had to do that before. Works great and only takes a few more seconds to load.

My level of sophistication although higher than your average user is about 1 on a scale of 10.

Cool, I haven't tried Linux mint. I'll have to give it a whirl.
I tried to install Ubuntu without first installing windows and wasn't able to come up with the drivers no matter what command line entries I did. So ended up installing Unbuntu as a duel boot system. Never had to do that before. Works great and only takes a few more seconds to load.
Windows ALWAYS has to be installed first before installing any Linux OS because of "Grub" boot up found in Linux...You must also disable microsofts so-called "secure boot" in bios as well as in windows settings in order to install any other operating system too...And in some cases "fast boot" as well...Blame Microcrap Windblows for this, those two items are their garbage...lol.

wasn't able to come up with the drivers no matter what command line entries I did
Pretty much all drivers for a Linux OS are already included in the Linux kernel...There are a very few, such as Nvidia or AMD drivers, that you would be able to access or upgrade through the built in Driver Manager in Linux.

Back