Interested ...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pdcomm, Aug 8, 2012.

1. pdcomm

pdcomm New Member

Hi ,
    I'm new to this forum . I've had an interest in bicycle 'conversions' for most of my life .
    I'm an old hat when it comes to motors and such . Motorcycles have held my attention for the most part .
    Here's the 2 wheelers I currently have :
    1982 Honda CB750 Custom
    1989 Yamaha XT350
    1984 Suzuki FA50
    1958 Simplex Automatic

I've built the Honda and Yamaha from collected parts and rebuilt the Suzuki from a run down beat up barn find .
    The Simplex is currently dismantled .
    Here's what it should look like when completed ( probably the closest thing I have to a motorized bike ) :

I've built a 3 wheeler for a special needs boy that my brother in law suggested and helped design . That was a fun project and the smile on the boys face made it all well worth while . We thought about motorizing that bike , but then thought better of it .
    Here it is :

Anyway , It's nice to be here . I hope to pick up a few 'secrets' and maybe even share a few .

Pete . :)

2. curtisfox

curtisfox Member

Welcom aboard maybe check out the DIY on this fourm or even the Board tracker section .....Curt
  3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

This a motor assisted bicycle forum. What is your ?.
  4. curtisfox

curtisfox Member

Just another another of the same,but seems to be more home builds Do It Your self builds Check it out you can learn from both...........Curt
  5. V 35

V 35 Member

Great Trike, I like the idea of using Bike Frames, How about a tandem trike, where both riders pedal side by side, and each has a tiller [ half a handlebar ] ? Your design looks well suited , thanks for posting it.
  6. pdcomm

pdcomm New Member

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions curtisfox and Thanks for the compliment V35 and you're welcome .

I would think a full sized tandem trike would be a fairly easy project and while in the design stage , incorporate a little 'helper' . I've seen a motorized tandem , with a child seat on the rear , if I recall correctly . A family affair , so to speak . :)
    I'll post a link if I can find it again .