it's -a-comin'...

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by uncle_punk13, Nov 27, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

ust a quick note to let y'all know that my GEBE kit minus engine is on it's way...
    I have a brand new never used Tanaka 40cc pureFire engine that I'l be using, and moun ting it upon my latest acquisition- A cantilever framed Western Flyer Middleweight bicycle. In Red. I was greatly impressed with this set-up when I test rode Augidog's a couple of weeks back, and so I just had to add another style engine kit to the stable... Also, These folks are the greatest to deal with!!! So very friendly and personable that ya' just wanna sit back, kick yer boots up on the porch rail, and chew the fat fer a little steretch while sippin' coffee!!!
    Updates to follow as the build progresses...
    :cool:

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

exciting news, rif...yer gonna luvvit!!! :cool:

of course, yer also gonna make me want the 40cc :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Dennis said...

Hey Augi,
    In talking with Dennis, he said there's not a lot of difference in the top end, but the most gains are felt in the torque of it. He was recounting stories of one of his customers who hillclimbs to elevations of about 5,000 ft. and only has to actually pedal in a couple of places. He's using 14 tooth drive gear with his but in talking with D. we came to the conclusion that the 13 would do me just fine, a good in between gear for around here with that 40cc engine. Personally I would think, considering this, that where you're at it's really not going to find any gains in the way of speed. It's relatively flat there...

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yeah, rif, but 40 is bigger...that's better...isn't it? :evil::roll:;)

5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well, Speaking as a true American- of course bigger is better :lol:

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

reality check :)
    exactly what he told me. altho i had my choice, i went with the 32 because i was worried about too much torque for a rear wheel that had to push the likes of S-2.1...i pedal a bit more, but i like that part...my motoredbike gives me a better mix of man-'n-machine than anything else i've ever operated :D

:cool:

7. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Why not carry a 12 tooth with you? Takes about 2 minutes to switch. Just take it easy on the throttle.

8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sweet deal! Let us know how it performs when you get it running.

Dan

9. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

cool riff! i think im headed in that direction for the old higgins myself! im just hopeing gebe will come up with a 2 gear jackshaft,2 belt system for these, so we can frame mount em too!

10. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Got the call- it was shipped saturday, so it should be here any day now!!! Also, it Looks like I may be assembling it (and my other projects) in new digs in a few months...;) Keep yer fingers crossed for me. Back to topic, I can't wait to get it together and try it out!!!

11. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Hey Rif, got the fingers crossed. I hope the build works out well for you. I am thinking of a GEBE wheel and the T-40 myself. Keep us posted and a few pic.s during the build and the results would be nice. I don't like mixing fuel but a bigger tank and keep a few gallons mixed and kept at home will be ok I guess.

12. Jim H

Jim H Guest

you're gonna love it Rif! I do the 40 w/ a 14 tooth gear.

13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Cool guys... The kit came today, but I haven't even opened it yet, as I have to go to bed early for work for the next three days. I don't want to get involved and stop in the middle of it. Repeated through my work 'week'.
    On monday afternoon I'll start the build, and do the whole write up with pic.s for ya as I do it...

14. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

god i couldnt sleep trying to build it in bed! go riffster! i cant wait till monday myself now!

15. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Okay so I lied... I'll start tomorrow morning... LOL

16. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Alright kids; I've got a couple erands to run, and upon my return we shall begin!!! Stay tuned, pics and report to come...

17. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well darn it!!! I haven't had opportunity to start due to other people's needing my help. Dad called this mornin' and needed some help with storm damage repairs. I'll be darned if I'm gonnaq have my 71 year old dad, up on a ladder, wrangling sheets of corrugated tin, on a quonset hut building 2 1/2 sstories up, all by himself... Tell ya what though, I'll, get the engine together with the "transmission" (i call it that because it transfers power from the engine to the wheel, there's no multiple gears or anything) and take photos tonight, that's a pretty good start, then we'll see what the rest of the week yields as far as free time...

18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

don't you make me come up there :p :rolleyes:

19. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well here's a few teaser pic.s, we have the bike: A Western Flyer middleweight I picked up a few weeks ago (along with an old 80's Columbia cruiser with balloon tires), the GEBE kit as I opened it, and the engine Which is a Tanaka 40cc two-stroke. I will tell the tale, in detail, when I get crackin' on it Thursday A.M. My week got away from me, but I've set that time aside for this...! well the pics aren't loading...

20. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Hey Rif, I'm 71 also and I need a new roof. Any chance....... Ah, never mind, I'm gonna go ride my bike. I'll wait till I'm 90 or so when I don't have anything left to do or play with.:shock: