it's -a-comin'...

Alright got the pics. tomorrow we put together the engine and drive kit, and mount it on the ol' Western Flyer Middleweight bicycle...

Attachments

• HPIM0515.JPG
    HPIM0515.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 248
  • HPIM0517.JPG
    HPIM0517.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 251
  • HPIM0519.JPG
    HPIM0519.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 261
So I spent about 20 minutes going through my parts, lookiing at the assembly instructions, and putting the "transmission" on the engine. Easy as pie! Thumbs up for the ease of this kit. I used a little dab of locktite on the bolt threads. Some people are against this and some for it; I tend to use it as it helps keep everything from spewing apart along the roadside... And I've never had a problem with breaking it loose when disassembly is required. So here's a couple more pic.s... The engine has an interesting history behind it. It's brand new and never been used, I've had it since 2000, and never got around to doing anything with it. But after testing one of these kits out and riding alongside one for a couple of days, I decided right then and there that this was what this engine needed... More to come!

Attachments

• HPIM0520.JPG
    HPIM0520.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 241
  • HPIM0521.JPG
    HPIM0521.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 253
Hi Rif, I heard some noise over Ft. Lewis way. Was that Mortar Rounds or Motor Sounds?
I hope your build is going well! I am looking at a Tanaka 47R 2.8 HP for my GEBE but its kind of pricey $375. May have to wait a while or go with a 40 like yours or even stay with my Robin 35 if it can do well on the back trails. Ken

Yeah boy!!! They were making some noise the other day weren't they?!? So I'm going to get back on it today, hopefully get the sheave on the wheel, weld the mounting tab on the seat stay, and so on... BUT I've got other stuff to do first, so Hopefully I'll have time...

Back