Jack shaft issues

I was looking at my old friends and turns out I have a 27 inch frame with the right kind of bottom bracket so I started trying to piece it together just finished assembling it and my first problem that I've noticed is a lot of chain rubbing probably going to rebuild the chainring and find some spacers that will work I was thinking about using some freewheel Shields

Attachments

• 1655755593228600303734122192949.jpg
    1655755593228600303734122192949.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 1655755714175558463102844047453.jpg
    1655755714175558463102844047453.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 117
Hey so I'm about to cut the main chain for the Jack stop the one that goes to the rear wheel just wondering how tight should I make the chain tension

I was looking at my old friends and turns out I have a 27 inch frame with the right kind of bottom bracket so I started trying to piece it together just finished assembling it and my first problem that I've noticed is a lot of chain rubbing probably going to rebuild the chainring and find some spacers that will work I was thinking about using some freewheel Shields
27" frame??? Was the person you got it from around 7' tall??? Or do you mean the bike has 27.5" tires????

I mean.. that is a huge frame. I could be biased. My engine barely fit , that frame looks like you could put a fkking motorcycle engine in there.

Well I mean same thing huh tomato 27" frame?
Frame size and tire/rim size are not synonymous with each other...Most folks mistakenly refer to a bike with 26" wheels as a bike with a 26 inch frame, this is not correct.

The size of the frame is measured from the top of the frame at the point where the seat post is inserted, down to the centre of the axle carrying the pedal arms (bottom bracket). In the UK and USA this is measured in inches, in Europe it is often in centimetres.

Dimensionally speaking I have to agree with you I get not all measurements will match number for number, however I believe the average total of said measurements would be close enough to justify treating them as the same value

Dimensionally speaking I have to agree with you I get not all measurements will match number for number, however I believe the average total of said measurements would be close enough to justify treating them as the same value
No, that would not be correct,

Using my bike as an example...It has 26" wheels, but the frame of the bike itself using the measuring instructions I just gave in last post comes out to 20".

So that means I have a 20" frame bike with 26" rims.

IMG_0353.jpg

Hmm... Okay valid point I'll give you that. I did not expect to learn something today. I'm suprised the rake of the bike is not taken more into consideration

I did not expect to learn something today.
When the day comes when "I do not expect to learn something" new is the day that a six foot trench needs to be dug for me to jump into and take that "dirt nap". Every day should be a day of learning something new because there is no one alive who already knows everything that is yet to be known...lol.

Back