Engine Trouble Jap crap

It does get lean and rev , but only for a very brief moment 1.5 to 2 secs. then it dies. At 100 mph their may be a danger. At idle their is not. Their is still enough oil in the fuel laying around in the crank, and modern oils will hold a film on the cyl. for longer than a couple of secs. anyway. Still their is no need to drain the carb. every time you stop. Shutting off the fuel at the tank after killing the engine is quite sufficient. Like Mantis I am not a big fan of the dellorto clones. I'ts hard to find the sweet spot where they will both run well and idle well. The stock nt performs as well with less tuning problems.
You have a good point, about 2 stoke oil leaving a film.
And I had the same issue with the Delorto clones. I had one that ran fine, but would not idle, it just revved out really bad. The other one had a nice, smooth idle speed, but bogged out when you opened the throttle. And I never did get either one of them to run right.

No, that's when all the damage is done. A few seconds without any oil is when 90% of normal wear happens.
The point is it's not without any oil. You have your mind set on being right instead of looking at what is really happening in those 2 secs.. Their is still oil on the cyl.. Their is still oil in the case. The film left by modern oils along with the remaining oil in the case is not going to suddenly vanish in 2 secs. Weather you do or don't agree with this does not alter the fact that it is true.

You have a good point, about 2 stoke oil leaving a film.
And I had the same issue with the Delorto clones. I had one that ran fine, but would not idle, it just revved out really bad. The other one had a nice, smooth idle speed, but bogged out when you opened the throttle. And I never did get either one of them to run right.
Well you out typed me. Now I can eat some crow. Don't know why I let these things get me going that way. Peace.

Why? Do you think the more expensive kits have special crank seals made just for them? I've seen blown seals in all walks of engines. So what's your point?

Clutch side crank seal is probably bad. That should be the only way you would be getting fuel around your clutch. Four stroking usually means the engine is running rich, so you could try jetting down. Before you start tuning the engine or adding more high performance parts you need to fix the issues first. These engines actually run quite well stock if the ports are cleaned up and everything is setup correctly.
Yup the crankcase seal wasn't seaded at all.had to order tool and new seals.thanks

I've seen the seals put in upside down from factory, and seen them break on nearly new engines, you'll want to replace it. Change the float height and examine the valve that shuts the fuel off when the carb bowl fills.
You were dead on the seal wasn't seeded at all.in had to order the tool and new seals.u hope i didnt f*** up the motor.

What do you guys mean by "4 stroking"? Call me stupid, but that doesn't seem to suggest anything to me.

Back