Just saying hello from Louisiana!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by keithluneau, Sep 30, 2007.

1. keithluneau

keithluneau Guest

Just wanted to make my first post in here, and say hi!

I've been looking at motored bikes for the past few years, always wanting to build one. Only recently did I take on the task... My nephew donated a broken down Schwinn OCC chopper to the cause, so it was time to take on the challenge. ;) Being low on "extra" money, I decided to make is a "Project Zero" in the spirit of a few r/c builds I and others have done on scale4x4rc.us That is, zero money spent on the build. I guess I should say though, that I've got a relatively large pile of parts in the yard, from various atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles, and bicycles. Rather than post the entire build here, I'd rather link to it on our other site if that's ok?

Here's some pictures of it in it's current state. This also brings me to my first question, where can I find a cheap fuel tank that'll fit this bike? The one on it now, as you can see, is down right UGLY! :lol: That said though, it does the job and allowed me to build this thing without spending the first dime. I think it deserves a fitting tank though now that it's operational!

The engine is a 90cc Honda from a '73 ST90. This thing is one WILD ride! It's FAST. :evil: I can't tell you exactly how fast it'll go, haven't clocked it yet. I can say that it'll run faster than my dads four wheeler that'll top out at about 55mph.

The entire build can be read through here:

Now I know this is more motorcycle than bike, but underneath it all, it's still a bicycle frame! :lol:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
    that was some intro
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

weld two cranks facing forward for pegs...there's your pedals, then ya got you a motoredbike!! :lol: :p

it sure does look lethal...

welcome to Mbc :cool:
  4. keithluneau

keithluneau Guest

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome! :)

There's also a short video of the bike on Youtube here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWfNWcfUsM

That was before the engine was tuned properly, so it's a bit anemic there. Still gets the point across though... ;)

About the fuel tank, I see ThatsDax sells the half gallon tanks for a good price. It looks like these tanks clamp onto the top bar. How are people mounting them to the OCC bikes? It wouldn't be hard to make some little tabs to bolt it down to, but if there's a better way I'm listening! :p
  5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  6. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Cool ride! Welcome to MBc.
  7. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc. Very nice bike!

Here is a link for an answer: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6652&highlight=tank+mount
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  8. keithluneau

keithluneau Guest

Thanks again for the nice welcome, and the tips on mounting a tank! I've just ordered a tank and fuel valve from ThatsDax. Once it's here, I think maybe a tear-down, cleanup, coat of paint, and rebuild would do this bike some justice! :lol:
  9. beast775

beast775 Guest

excellent fit!what a beast!i like it.
  10. gauge

gauge Guest

welcome keith, ure bike is alsome that thing realy moves
  11. keithluneau

keithluneau Guest

Just one more picture until the tank arrives. I got a headlight mounted up. I think it really sets it off nicely! Just imagine it without that ugly tank sitting on top of the handlebars... lol

The light works, but it's dim. It has a 12V bulb in it, and the lighting coil in the motor is 6V. I'll have to pick up a 6V bulb sooner or later.

Attached Files:

12. I once owned a CT70 back in the day. That's a sweet fit. Beautiful bike with GEARS!!
  13. gvfajardo

gvfajardo New Member

great looking machine.... but how do you stop that thing at full speed????
  14. azbill

azbill Active Member

you are in the right place to make an intro
    post your own...I would like to say hello to you in it !!! :lol:
  15. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!