Latest pictures on my modified ambassador.

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by ranger-ron, May 15, 2013.

1. ranger-ron

ranger-ron New Member

I just made some more changes to the rear frame of my 08 Ambassador and added a rear carrier so it looks a little more like the 1951 model.
    I'm still working on a foot controlled adjustable idler that will control the primary belt so I can vary the ratio.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Gorgeous Bike, love the seat xD Looks comfy

3. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

That rear carrier looks really nice on it. It kind of streamlines the bike.

4. Racie35

Racie35 Member

I like it too......may do it to mine

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

A rear rack can sometimes disrupt the lines of your bike, but jbcruisin is right. You have a great rack.

6. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

NICE, ready for the saddle bags???

Ray

7. SLKman

SLKman New Member

Hey guys, I just bought an Ambassador with 140 miles on it. The guy told me it was a 2011 model but after searching the "net", it looks like 2008 was the last year it was made. No title was given with it.

Is that correct?

How many were made? I've seen both 30 and 93.

Mine only goes 38mph. Can I make it get to 45mph like other say theirs do?

It is also slow to start moving but eventually gets up to speed. Is that normal? I hate to give it full throttle to start.

I have called and emailed WhizzerUSA.com with no response. Any other ideas?

Lots of questions...hope not to make anyone upset, just trying to learn. :)

Whizzer15.jpg Whizzer15.jpg

8. Racie35

Racie35 Member

That's a 2008. One of the later ones with a CVT and auto clutch. The earlier ones were just autos like on the ne5. There's some of them here for sale too and those had lower numbers...I believe it is around 50.
    Your bikes slow takeoff is directly related to the auto waiting on the CVT to speed up the jackshaft etc. They need to be adjusted correctly making sure it uses the full CVT range. Not all dealers sent them along as such and it may have contributed to some of the bad reviews etc. Your engine is moveable front to rear.
    Speed I don't know exactly but I'll ask a guy who has his working right. Not all had the same carb either and the heads aren't all the same. Ambassadors aren't big sellers because of some negative hype and in some states it's a motorcycle (not here in ct though). I really like them too and yours looks great... I'll message you a number to call for more info.

SLKman likes this.
  9. SLKman

SLKman New Member

Thanks for the reply!
    I guess I need to get a manual and check all settings. I was riding it this evening and met a few new neighbors. Everyone loves this thing! A cop followed me home. I don't have plates on it so I thought I was getting a ticket. He just wanted to see what it was. lol

10. Racie35

Racie35 Member

Harley guys love mine....and people at stores or gas stations always walk over to it.

11. SLKman

SLKman New Member

My kick stand seems to have broken the bolt holding it on. I put new bolt in but the stand still goes too far forward. I am guessing welding a little "stop" at top of kickstand is the best cure?

12. Racie35

Racie35 Member

I drilled mine for the next size up....no probs after that

SLKman likes this.
  13. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

I have one of the first edition Ambassadors and 50 MPH is possible. Not sure the later versions with the CVT can reach near 50 MPH, as the CVT "eats" a lot of the power.

It also make a difference which output pulley you are using.

The later editions had 16 MM carburetors, whereas the earlier versions had the 22 MM units [mine is using an early 26 MM NE5 carburetor].

Check the cam timing also, as for some unknown reason they started advancing them two teeth instead of one????????????

It is important to note the speedometer is way off with the 3." tires instead of the 2.125" the speedometer is setup for.

My kickstand also broke and required a larger bolt to fix it correctly.

Have fun,

14. SLKman

SLKman New Member

Well after talking to the Whizzer CEO, I found that I may not be able to get a title for this one.

Apparently I am the 4th owner of it. She has no company info of who originally bought it other than it was someone in Connecticut.
    It was returned to the company for unknown reason.
    She was not sure if an "origin of purchase" was sent.
    She was not sure if ever licensed.
    She was not sure who bought it next or what dealer resold it.

The fella I bought it from was told it was bought by a lady in Tyler Texas from a dealer going out of business and she never received anything from the dealer.
    It sat in her garage for years with only 17 miles on it.

He bought it from her and put 103 miles on it before I ended up buying it.

I put 30 miles on it. It now has 150 miles on it.

Without a title or license I am not sure what to do with it.

I probably will sell it.

I don't plan on riding it without a license. I already was followed home by a cop. That was worrisome. Thought for sure I was getting a ticket but he just wanted to see it. He thought it was a pretty cool bike! WHEW!

15. Racie35

Racie35 Member

What state are you from slk?

16. SLKman

SLKman New Member

Texas.
    Spring Tx, just North of Houston.

17. Racie35

Racie35 Member

Ah OK...thought you were from here in ct.

18. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

You might be able to contact the DOT in TX and find out what is needed. Often they will inspect the bike and issue papers to have a new title made. It is worth a try.

Have fun,

19. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

SLK - You may be able to get a bonded title in Texas. if so, it will cost around 100 bucks. That is how I titled my 1966 honda S90. Give it a shot.

20. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

also the abandoned car clause to get a valid title
    are some hoops to jump through tho