Latest pictures on my modified ambassador.

ranger-ron

Local time
12:14 PM
I just made some more changes to the rear frame of my 08 Ambassador and added a rear carrier so it looks a little more like the 1951 model.
I'm still working on a foot controlled adjustable idler that will control the primary belt so I can vary the ratio.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,358
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 929
A rear rack can sometimes disrupt the lines of your bike, but jbcruisin is right. You have a great rack.

I just made some more changes to the rear frame of my 08 Ambassador and added a rear carrier so it looks a little more like the 1951 model.
I'm still working on a foot controlled adjustable idler that will control the primary belt so I can vary the ratio.
Thanks for looking!

Hey guys, I just bought an Ambassador with 140 miles on it. The guy told me it was a 2011 model but after searching the "net", it looks like 2008 was the last year it was made. No title was given with it.

Is that correct?

How many were made? I've seen both 30 and 93.

Mine only goes 38mph. Can I make it get to 45mph like other say theirs do?

It is also slow to start moving but eventually gets up to speed. Is that normal? I hate to give it full throttle to start.

I have called and emailed WhizzerUSA.com with no response. Any other ideas?

Lots of questions...hope not to make anyone upset, just trying to learn. :)

Whizzer15.jpgWhizzer15.jpg

That's a 2008. One of the later ones with a CVT and auto clutch. The earlier ones were just autos like on the ne5. There's some of them here for sale too and those had lower numbers...I believe it is around 50.
Your bikes slow takeoff is directly related to the auto waiting on the CVT to speed up the jackshaft etc. They need to be adjusted correctly making sure it uses the full CVT range. Not all dealers sent them along as such and it may have contributed to some of the bad reviews etc. Your engine is moveable front to rear.
Speed I don't know exactly but I'll ask a guy who has his working right. Not all had the same carb either and the heads aren't all the same. Ambassadors aren't big sellers because of some negative hype and in some states it's a motorcycle (not here in ct though). I really like them too and yours looks great... I'll message you a number to call for more info.

Thanks for the reply!
I guess I need to get a manual and check all settings. I was riding it this evening and met a few new neighbors. Everyone loves this thing! A cop followed me home. I don't have plates on it so I thought I was getting a ticket. He just wanted to see what it was. lol

Back