Let’s talk crank balancing

45, go easy on Fabian. He's a good guy at heart but he's been hoodwinked by a professor that has probably never even ridden a 2 stroke.
There probably exists a ratio between the mount of directional force on the crank and the weight of the frame (for its inertia against vibrational movement) and that above a certain number the vibration begins to be annoying. If the professor didn't quantify that out-of-balance crank force in relation to the frame weight as being acceptable or not then he was just pissing in the wind trying to impress his students with his math skills.

Can we all get along?;)

Look at who started the name calling as it was not Jaguar or I but the other guy. Still waiting on the idiot to reply to my question I now have asked over 3 times HOW MANY CRANKS HAS HE BALANCED?????????????? I am betting NONE! So he is only going by what he reads or see not what he has done so that mean he has no proof. It is like a dyno they are a good tool but not as good as real time.

Can we all get along?;)

Oh yes, we can all get along like a bunch of bunnies in the playboy mansion, if certain people accept the maths. If they don't then they are just trying to defend a dream, and not reality.

If the maths does not support a postulated position, and Honda research does not support a postulated position, the only conclusion is to gracefully accept that you are wrong, and to stop living in a dream where altered physics can work.

There is only one idiot in here, rapidly proving himself to be an idiot, with false claims; that go against the entire engineering community.

I agree YOU! Why will you not answer the question I have asked you MANY times???? I know why as you have never balanced any crank so all you are doing is repeating what you have seen or been told. LOOK jackass you are the idiot that start the name calling and I know why as you do not have a clue. I am over it and never blocked any one on a forum but I block children like you.

I can see both sides of argument since I don't see the point of balancing these 100$ motors if they don't vibrate that bad why worry?
But, less vibration should help keep everything from coming loose.... Maybe even go faster? Everything is a experiment, somethings work while some don't.

Some people want to know any information before you start experimenting to not make the same mistakes twice

The greatest source of vibration over the natural imbalance inherent in a single cylinder engine is axial compressive stress placed on the Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine through the crankshaft main bearings being forced into the receivers when clamping the lower case halves together.

I have measured significant run-out after correcting the crankshaft halves into parallel.

For this reason i have created a jig to pull the deep grove crankshaft bearings into the case halves, rather than using the case halves to compress the crankshaft bearings into the receivers.
This method has produced satisfactory results with reduced engine vibration.

I agree YOU! Why will you not answer the question I have asked you MANY times???? I know why as you have never balanced any crank so all you are doing is repeating what you have seen or been told. LOOK jackass you are the idiot that start the name calling and I know why as you do not have a clue. I am over it and never blocked any one on a forum but I block children like you.

Your response leads me to ask if you were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

I can see both sides of argument since I don't see the point of balancing these 100$ motors if they don't vibrate that bad why worry?
But, less vibration should help keep everything from coming loose.... Maybe even go faster? Everything is a experiment, somethings work while some don't.

Some people want to know any information before you start experimenting to not make the same mistakes twice

No worry he is blocked. He is the one that started all the BS and slinging names. He has never answered my question I have asked at least 5 time now HOW MANY CRANKS HAS HE BALANCED??????????????? I am betting NONE! Only thing at this POINT I can say from experience is I have done hundreds of HD cranks many on engines that cost as much as 10 grand to build. I do assure you before it is over I will know what works and what does not if my health holds out is these little cranks. I do not have a problem with those that disagree with me but I sure do not call them names. I am over it and lets get back to talking balancing cranks that have balanced them before.

Back