Looking for Exhaust Headers/Manifolds

Now, I'm turning again to this community to ask if anyone has suggestions for aftermarket parts, such as exhaust headers or manifolds, that could tackle my issue more efficiently. I welcome any proposed solutions.
In one word, NO...No matter what it is your trying to do with an exhaust on these things, you are going to need the skills to adapt things to it...There is no miracle, magic, easy bolt on device that is out there to solve your problem.

If there was an easy way to do this without a torch, I am sure your not "very impressed" friends would have readily told you what you could do much better than we can.

Since you have already scrapped the torch concept that out knowledgeable forum members have offered as a solution to your problem since a ready made, readily available device is NOT available for what you want to do, and also because you have your good friends who are assuring you there is a much better way to do this, then ask them for their bright ideas for what will actually work and have them also tell you exactly how to do it while they are at it.

I seriously gave your idea some thought, but all the people I spoke with weren't very impressed. They firmly believe better alts are out there, even though they didn't offer specifics. Based on their thoughts, I've decided to permanently scrap the torch concept.
And exactly how many of these bikes with motors have all these people you spoke with actually built and how many years of building experience do they have that makes their advice much more valuable then a forum that has been dedicated to this purpose since 2006, that's 18 years now ???

And as for you, you have not shown one pic of what your working with, haven't told us if this is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor and the list goes on and on with information that would be helpful in order to get even more answers to your questions.

In one word, NO...No matter what it is your trying to do with an exhaust on these things, you are going to need the skills to adapt things to it...There is no miracle, magic, easy bolt on device that is out there to solve your problem.

If there was an easy way to do this without a torch, I am sure your not "very impressed" friends would have readily told you what you could do much better than we can.

Since you have already scrapped the torch concept that out knowledgeable forum members have offered as a solution to your problem since a ready made, readily available device is NOT available for what you want to do, and also because you have your good friends who are assuring you there is a much better way to do this, then ask them for their bright ideas for what will actually work and have them also tell you exactly how to do it while they are at it.
I just wanted to reiterate that they also cautioned me about managing the bending process with a torch. From their perspective, it seemed pretty challenging, and I actually believed them since I don't have hands-on experience with this technique yet. Despite that, I still understand your POV, and honestly, I appreciate your candor. I knew coming into this thread that there might not be such a super easy solution to this problem, but I guess I was holding onto hope

Super easy to bend pipe with a torch. Figure out what bends you have to make, heat it up red hot and bend it. Not rocket science.
Do it in small steps and let it cool naturally. Don't cool it with a hose.
The heat will discolor the chrome, you may be able to polish some of the blue haze off but that is unlikely.

I seriously gave your idea some thought, but all the people I spoke with weren't very impressed. They firmly believe better alts are out there, even though they didn't offer specifics. Based on their thoughts, I've decided to permanently scrap the torch concept. Now, I'm turning again to this community to ask if anyone has suggestions for aftermarket parts, such as exhaust headers or manifolds, that could tackle my issue more efficiently. I welcome any relevant solutions.
Do you have a picture of where it's hitting the pedal?

A wider crank should help with clearance from the pipe,that is what I used on mine,then I changed to a Phantom style pipe which had plenty of clearance from the pedals but ran into clearance problems from the front tire.

I took off the pipe and put it into a vice and heated it up with a torch where I wanted to bend it,it took a few tries but finally got about 1 inch clearance.

That Phantom style pipe may work for you,if you have enough clearance from the front tire.

It is impossible to tell you what works and what does not without pictures of your bike,type of engine kit ect. every bike can be different on what fits and what does not fit.

this is old stock pipe, 2nd picture is the Phantom pipe before I bent the pipe.

Attachments

• 20230315_081633.jpg
    20230315_081633.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230726_124040_resized.jpg
    20230726_124040_resized.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 44
And exactly how many of these bikes with motors have all these people you spoke with actually built and how many years of building experience do they have that makes their advice much more valuable then a forum that has been dedicated to this purpose since 2006, that's 18 years now ???

And as for you, you have not shown one pic of what your working with, haven't told us if this is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor and the list goes on and on with information that would be helpful in order to get even more answers to your questions.
I'm now also a bit confused by the people I talked about. While many claim substantial experience with bending, hardly anyone provides specific details. Don't worry, I do believe this forum holds deep expertise, and I'm confident you collectively know a lot more than them. Yet, the vagueness of external claims generates uncertainty.

the vagueness of external claims generates uncertainty.
That is when I use the good old American expression on those type of folks..."Put up, or shut up"...lol...lol.

I hate it when folks start spouting their "FUD" like they think they really know about something when they don't...lol...lol.
And yet can't or won't tell you their reasons why they spread their uncertainty and doubt which means in essence, they have not a clue about what they are talking about, hence the expression, "Put up, or shut up...lol.

Translation of FUD in case you don't know what it means is, Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Back