make a 26cc rc engine run in reverse?? for motorised bike and a goped??

its started by rolling it on the front wheel and drop the back down to start it ( standard starting method for scooter, as for bike just pedal in 1st gear, can i get a glow conversion? and run on nitro? other than the expense haha. and yes the Zenoah GZ25N14 spins the opposite direction and was specifically made for the 1992 goped geo sport like what i have. mabe a magneto for that engine will be the way to go. if not ill scrap the project and reposition the engine. one other question is can i rotate the cylinder (full top end) 180* so carb and exhaust face opposite sides?

ok, now its making sense!

clutch start. easy then. you dont have a centrifugal clutch to worry about. no starting issues. thats sorted.

if the zenoah was designed for the go ped, instead of the other way round, theres the answer. they defied tradition and you need that motor! or the flywheel key relocate thingy. take it to a friendly old machinist, they should do it for $50 or two beers, whatevers convenient.

well, nitro conversion, lol. i was being silly.

but in thinking about it...methanol itself is actually quite cheap when you buy lots of it from alternative sources to the hobby shop!!

the glow engines rely on a catalyctic reaction between hot platinum, methanol and oxygen. the glow plug element is platinum.

a brushcutter only needs a 2-4% oil mix... aka 50:1 and 25:1, not 20% like a glow engine does!. they use it to seal up, not just as lube.

the nitro is just an oxygenator for adding extra oxygen to the mix, letting you get more fuel in, and still burn it properly, ie not run rich! this means more power! its not necessary, i run all my nitro stuff without it. i like the extra run time.

so, in theory, yes, its perfectly feasible :)

buy methanol in bulk. 5 gal or summink at a pop. most good twostroke oils will blend in alcohol. mix at 25:1 for starters. make an insert in the plug hole to take glow plugs. get a glow starter. drill the jet to about twice the size.

get a bigger fuel tank.

running 0% nitro reduces the power slightly but increases mileage.

youll still be making more power than running petrol :)

rotating the cylinder?

if the magneto didnt mount to it, sure.... and if the transfers lined up nicely.

and thinking about the oil ratios... if you use twice the fuel, you would only need half the oil.

so start at 50:1! i guess what you save on oil will cost you in fuel :(

let me help guys im big into GoPeds

OK the engine you are using is a Zenoah gz25n14 geo, NOT AN RC!!! Its a strato charged "emission controlled" engine put on gopeds so they could be sold in California with their high regulations. Now I have one question, is the sport frame an actual geo frame? Or a regular sport ? The spindle geo rotates the opposite of any other ped motor. Its mounted on the right side of a sport box. A GSR goped has its motor on the right but they are chain drive, reversing the way the engine would mount. All you need is a cy26 from Dave's. And put it on the geo frame.

Wait are you running the bike wheel on the spindle, or bike wheel to goped wheel?

About flipping that cylinder. Its doable because the coil mounts to the aluminum fan cover piece. The transfers on the geo are a joke. They need a dremel taken to them anyway so if you want Its possible to flip the head and match the transfers when you or an engine builder enlargens them. I did my own and it was a beast but I just do my own stuff. Mine was the clutched version " gz25n23 " for the gsr25, this motor is mounted backwards compared to yours because of the chain drive. but is essentially the same otherwise. The stock carb is the first thing to upgrade. Hit me up in a pm and I can point you in the right direction for upgrading the geo

About reverse rotation. These guys are freaking you out for nothing. You don't need a pull start so your fine. All that needs to be done is the flywheel needs to be re timed. I can't remember what the geo is at stock but an older LH motor is 20° after tdc and an RC is 30°"when you get the flywheel off get the piston in the top dead center position, mark where the key slot is on the crank and remove the key, using a protractor find the degree of timing and mark the other side, reinstall the flywheel on your new mark without the key just be sure to use loc-tite red and crank it down good". The geo coil has a built-in progressive timing advance so I'd just re time it and go.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need a pull start so your fine. All that needs to be done is the flywheel needs to be re timed. I can't remember what the geo is at stock but an older LH motor is 20° after tdc and an RC is 30°"when you get the flywheel off get the piston in the top dead center position, mark where the key slot is on the crank and remove the key, using a protractor find the degree of timing and mark the other side, reinstall the flywheel on your new mark without the key just be sure to use loc-tite red and crank it down good". The geo coil has a built-in progressive timing advance so I'd just re time it and go.

i said that! best to get the keyway cut though!. if the spindle drives from the flywheel as per usual, it will just spin under load and stuff the flywheel taper and possibly the crankshaft taper. ruining an engine to save a few dollars.

and if the coil is mounted to the case and not the cylinder...dremel and go for it!

once again, the methanol/nitro idea was a joke but is more than feasible...ask any racer :) alcohol top fuellers anyone? sure they still use electronic ignition but with platinum, its not necessary!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back