Motorized trike

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by moosejaw02, Sep 22, 2012.

1. moosejaw02

moosejaw02 New Member

anyone build motorized trikes?

my mom is somewhat handicapped and would like to ride a bike, but cant get it started due to her disability and the possiblity of falling isn't a great one for us. also, the seat would need to be pretty high.

any ideas?

Thanks!
    Jeff kaplan
    Hewlett, NY
    516 382 1651

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. slickdude

slickdude Member

Yeah I built one a battery one though, not gas. Which are you trying to build?

3. allkimike

allkimike New Member

Moosejaw I built two push trailers that I connected to two different models of Pennenger trike. You can check them out in the push trailer section of the forum. The Pennenger trike is a delta trike. They sit high and were overbuilt at the factory. The push trailers were very easy to build and I used Harbor Freight 4 stroke motors which were very inexpensive. My wife is 72 yoa and does a good job of starting and riding the trike. Sun bike makes a recumbent trike called a USX 3. It has a suspension shock and is very heavy duty. I am considering one of those and adapt the pusher to it. I have been very happy with the way these trikes perform and I don't have a lot of money tied up in the trailer but then I already had the trikes. Mike