Mounting a Motorcycle Headlight

Ok!

One thing I like about mounting it to the frame is that the light doesn’t sweep from side to side.

The lamp will track like a car’s headlights.

Most Motorcycles head lights shine where ya turn the front wheel. Don't forget ya lean to turn and never really turn the front end much
M/C with headlights mounted in the front fairing that's mounted to the frame body. Those lights shine where ya point the bike.
Either way works Good. A light is a light
My Whizzer Headlight is mounted to the forks and shines where ya turn the front wheel.
Actually I like the light to shine where I'm turning But since I don't turn the front wheel much and lean to turn. A light is a light
But when I'm stopped and want to look around into the dark I can sweep my light back and forth to see what's out in the dark just by turning the front end.
Lights on the wheels help ya to be seen at night and not get run over.

DSCF3063.JPG
DSCF7047.JPG
DSCF7049.JPG
DSCF3069.JPG

Last edited:
I’m stuck I can’t mount mine like a car. I have triple tree’s. Here’s mine just sitting in there not mount up. I might go higher or lower.

Attachments

• 2E8CDC38-FEA7-4850-AFFF-8EAA072C1069.jpeg
    2E8CDC38-FEA7-4850-AFFF-8EAA072C1069.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 196
My 5" Headlight mounting, complete.

Inspiration came from a set of 1.25" diameter lightbar mounts sourced off of Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GL2V867/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, to come down off of the Handlebar, and a way to 'cradle', or spine-mount the original bottom mounted headlight shell.. about 20 hours worth of work total in terms of idle-time hack-sawing, drilling, filing...

View attachment 101207View attachment 101208View attachment 101209View attachment 101210View attachment 101211View attachment 101212
Good job Brah on making the light bracket. When you were figuring out what to do I thought HackD is gonna make a custom bracket to get the light to shine like he wants, and ya did (y)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’m stuck I can’t mount mine like a car. I have triple tree’s. Here’s mine just sitting in there not mount up. I might go higher or lower.
I'm sure ya can fab a bracket to mount off the triple tree
Either use clamps off the fork tubes or a bracket to the lower triple tree.
It'll look more M/C like mounted to the forks

Good job Brah on making the light bracket. When you were figuring out what to do I thought HackD is gonna make a custom bracket to get the light to shine like he wants, and ya did (y)

My original eyeball goal was to grab a big old chunk of aluminium billet and start cheesing it away to fit it around the steering stem perch.. but damn, that'd be a lot of metal cheesing.. I saw the hangers on amazon, and figured that would be appropriate, given need for cable routing, and all. It seems to space out well. I still see room for stylistic improvement, so i might take it off one more time for some more filing, but we'll see :)

Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
I just remembered that one of my friends is a journeyman sheet metal worker!

I bought two 1.25” u-bolt exhaust clamps, which mounts onto the steerer tube.

My friend can make a simple, effective bracket, using 12-16 ga. stainless steel.

This bracket will simply bolt onto the clamps.

I’ll have pictures when it’s finished.

Last edited:
I've moved onto the rear tail light mount assembly, using a variation of this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CQCQ2PG

I'll be mounting it on the LHS of the bike, off of the stub-end of the 1/4" Arched belt adjustment bracket. Photo shows general diagram of what i'm working with in terms of bracket dimensions, the start to the mating bracket, already on light.

Attachments

• 20201125_141504[1].jpg
    20201125_141504[1].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 184
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've moved onto the rear tail light mount assembly, using a variation of this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CQCQ2PG

I'll be mounting it on the LHS of the bike, off of the stub-end of the 1/4" Arched belt adjustment bracket. Photo shows general diagram of what i'm working with in terms of bracket dimensions, the start to the mating bracket, already on light.
I like the light amazing. I want one now. Dam you. lol.

Back