mx5 motor installation

B

beast775

hello folks.just looking to find someone who has a mx5 or mx3 mounted on a bike.it seems quite simple but mounting the engaging shock seems to be stumping me.im thinking that im missing a part or someone has retrofit a different part.this one is from 1974.thanks:cool:

There some good pic's of my schwinn beach crusier with a MX-5 that shows the mountaing set up pretty good. Hope this helps. Look in Heritage lane under My Crusier is outside covered in snow. Good luck

mx5

thats good i found it.i had the shock mounted 3 different ways,someone has put a new part on the shock at the top.looked like somebody had the shock mounted on the seat clamp.anyways i just drilled my frame and got it working really good.i will be surprised if this thing runs?i could have put 5 h-t motors in by the time i got this thing setup no wonder they didnt sell well.pics later im moving this week so cant put up pics.

:cool:The one I had ran super after it started and warmed up. It was just to much of a ***** to start, way to much work for this old man. It would take me on an average about 45 min. to an hour to get it started and another 15 min. before it warmed up. After that it was all good, you could almost just look at it and it would start, a real sweet ride. From what I learned since I think it my have need to be de-carbonized and it could have used a carb. rebuild. This was my first motorized bicycle and I loved it but the lack of parts and people who even new what an MX-5 was became the reason of my selling it. I made enough off the sale to buy a new Schwinn Jag and a new ht engine (thatsdax/6mo waranty) and have money left over from what I paid for the old crusier off Craigslist.The new one will start standing still. (I kick start it)Looking foward to seeing your's up and ruinning. Good luck again:

Last edited:
Back