My Beast

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by davidbil, Feb 14, 2007.

1. davidbil

davidbil Guest

Hi, My names David and I'm new to this forum.
    My bike was an old Royce Union (K-Mart) Bike which was aluminum, being very light i stripped the whole surface of the bike and all its parts.

I then took time in painting it Ford 1970's Green Tropicana
    with touch-up paint, as i wasn't an experienced painter i just painted as best as i could and hoped for the best

I had bought my engine via an eBay seller and took time in putting it on, overcame many problems since my frame is thicker than anything anyone has ever seen.

I went to the store and bought some wheels, tires, tubes, brakes, etc.., spending my time and money on the bike i was amazed at my progress, i had turned an old rusty k-mart bike into a crazy motorbike

Too bad i don't have before and after pictures as it would have been wonderful to see the difference

I've tested the bike today and it really flies :) I think i felt 40km\h at half throttle before my chain link broke and flew away :(

Parts on bike
    Engine: Chinese 80cc with holes in muffler
    Crank set & Bottom Bracket: Shimano Alivio
    Rear Brakes: Shimano Alivio
    Rear Derailer: Shimano Turismo
    Front Derailer: Shimano Deore LX
    Fork: Omni
    Seat: Velo GelTec (Very Comfy)
    Levers: Shimano V-Brakes
    Wheels: Joytech 27"
    Tires: Repco 27x2.10
    Valve Caps: Bullet Green

Soon To add
    Odometer (analogue)
    Air Filter
    New Carb
    32t Sprocket
    Custom Muffler

2. davidbil

davidbil Guest

Sorry Can't upload photos right now as the board wants me to wait a day and have 1 legit post
  3. Wheels

Wheels Guest

welcome davidbil, look forward to the pics, how are the 27's working?

4. davidbil

davidbil Guest

1 photo is up
  5. davidbil

davidbil Guest

I ordered my mirrors and speedometer / odometer

when i was riding today my muffler cap fell off so i removed the whole inside of the thing

it's bloody loud now but i don't know if it gives any of an increase as the insides aren't in it, is it really necessary?

and it sometimes cuts out when I'm riding it, i think it's because i had a low amount of petrol in the tank

does anyone know where i can get a performance (NGK) spark plug and boot from? aswell as air filters and performance mufflers?
  6. Fox

Fox Guest

Thats exactly the same bike as I now have.

The engine arrives tomorrow morning, tell me, what did you do about the engine mounting?
    I have no idea how its going to fit atm.