My First Build "Chelsea" Almost Finished!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by AnvilBlockForge, Dec 16, 2012.

1. All that's left is find a gas tank I like, install a jackshaft, wire the lights, then paint.

Attached Files:

2. Another pic

Attached Files:

3. Max-M

Max-M Member

Very cool, ABF! Looks very "turn-of-the-century." That's a big beast of a four-stroke...what is it?
  4. Thanks! I'm trying to follow the idea of a BTR or old 1917 Harley/ Indian. Despite how it looks, it's not very heavy. So that motor should push it good :D

It's an old Tecumseh T-35 153cc 3.5 hp.
    Not exacly "legal", but it should be some fun xD It's been my uncles since the late 80's, was on a tiller. Then it was on a Go-Kart, and now it's on this thing! Despite the bad reviews on Tecumseh, this one has ran strong for years. The Carb is the pickiest I've seen, and I did replace all the gaskets.
    I plan to run it to a jackshaft then the 5-speed cassette in the back, we'll see how that works
  5. Updated! Painted it! :D

I painted the frame Maui Blue and the fenders White

Attached Files:

6. More Progress

A little more progress on the looks :D Yesterday was Chelsea's one year of being built :'D It's been fun!
    First thing tomorrow I'm hooking up the front Coaster Brake
  7. Front Coaster brake

Here's pretty much the idea for the front coaster brake, out in the shop working on it now, will post pics of it here soon.

Attached Files:

8. Front Coaster Brake

It works! These were taken right before I added a spring to disengage the brake. But the brake works excellent!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  9. The coaster brake has so much braking and leverage, it lifts the front suspension up xD haha, I'ma have to fix that somehow, I'm loosing braking. Hopefully the added weight of the gas tank will help. We shall see
  10. Wanted to show off my Mud Flap I made xP I love the tiny details in projects like these

Attached Files:

11. Badges

I used the Laser Engraver again today and cut out the Veineas logo. These will be painted and epoxied to the gas tank. Had some free time, so went ahead and cut em. You can also see part of the Chelsea stencil. Think that font would look good on this bike?

Attached Files:

12. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

You're 17 and have access to a laser engraver, very cool!I'm usually only jealous of people older than myself.It looks great BTW.
  13. Haha yes, i'm fortunate to have access to A mig, tig and smaw welder, CNC Milling machine, CNC Lathe, and a Laser Cutter. Along with other shop equipment. If not, I probably wouldn't be so inclined to build this! Haha
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  14. Me and Chelsea, completely repaired from the hail damage

Attached Files: