My idea of the perfect motorized bike

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by chuck1980, Jan 25, 2008.

1. chuck1980

chuck1980 Member

Bike engine kits have definitely improved in the last few years and I hope they continue to do so.
    First of all, a good quality engine would be great, but it's the drive hub that I feel could be greatly improved if someone would just do it. Whether an in-frame engine kit or an above the rear wheel engine mount, either would be ok with me with either a belt or chain drive if they would just make a rear wheel without traditional spokes to mount the sheave or sprocket on. Like a heavy plastic of some kind or a mag-type wheel or even a metal wheel so there is no problem with the torque of the engine loosening the spokes or the sprocket or sheave getting out of alignment. Or even a front wheel mounted kit would be ok if a stronger wheel than the traditional spoke wheel could be used. Many motorcycles are now using belt drive, so I have no problem with belt drive on a bicycle, especially a geared belt. The Golden Eagle kit would be great if it was about $300 cheaper and the rear wheel belt drive was mounted to a non-spoke wheel. So close yet so far away.