My mini chopper build

Sidiousdog

Local time
3:24 PM
Hey y'all sidousdog/Donovan here again finally eh lol I got me a brand new 50cc gy6 motor fer my minichopper I'm building from scratch ,I got a killer deal on on the motor I couldn't pass up ($100 brand new)its going on/in a shwinn H-D chopper , so far I put on ape hangers on it . I still got to do some major fabrication n lots n lots of work too do too Icarus(chopper). So this is my first build n my back yard knowledge of what n where n why is some what still in the schooling stage . So ima gonna be askin lots n lots of ?'s n advice on this build, so please bear with my ?'s
Fer the mouth n mindseye don't get fed if closed , feel me , so bear with me. Money is a |>€^>%}{# factor!!!!
Something I don't have alot of n I want Icarus too be fast n handle well with whatever resource n advice I can get from the familyhood (you) of the wind , well I got to run in see what n where (prospects)my higher self brings too,
Then ima gonna gett down n dirty w/Icarus when I get back home. So , Blessings y'all ttys /,,/

Last edited by a moderator:
Post some pics. If you don't have anything assembled, you can post pics of your motor and other parts.

the 100cc bigbore and crank kit. or just the 70cc bigbore kit.

change out the variator/speed reduction and clutch springs.

get a decent tuned pipe. not the $1200 one on ebay from america, but the exact same one from the original manufacturer for $120, also on ebay :)

totally bad choice of engine for just about anything but sticking back in the original scooter frame ;) heavy, has that gearbox thing attached...did you get a short or long arm?

$100 bucks aint bad but ive been GIVEN two in just the past month, one thrashed, one almost brand new in a quad bike... yes, a complete quad bike, only been buzzed around an hour max by some 6 year olds.

good luck. youll need it! this is the wrong forum entirely except for the frame your contemplating... a bruchcutter type engine is far superior...

only thing you get with the gy6 is easy parts, and...um... reliability as its meant to be a road going scooter... 100,000km sort of thing...

Back